Open Ocean Zone - My DSZ ripoff zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

fickleheart

ms reflec beat stan
Click here to download
Screenshots

So basically, Open Ocean Zone is a ripoff of DSZ, made for the May/June 08 contest (It's been sitting on my webspace for a while heh) when I first learned how to fake waterslides. This is a one-act zone, about the average length of a normal SRB2 level.

(Ok, feel free to egg me for ripping off DSZ now. :D)

Played through it twice, 7/10

It's your best Single Player level so far. The serpentine waterslide was quite neat, but the other ones seemed useless. It's quite enjoyable, despite the annoying enemy placement, the search for a way to get out of the initial water pit if you fall in, and the fan gimmick. The button hunting gimmick was unneeded. It flowed rather well, and the level almost never, ever got stale.

Aww no one's egging me for ripping off DSZ.

Anyways, thanks for the critisism. It really helps me. And yeah, my other SP levels suck eggs.

Agreeing(Sp) with SonicMaster on this one. Enemy placement kind of sucked, especially at the beginning. I enjoied the above ground path more than the underwater one, and I reall liked your fan gimmick. The last room before the exit room was really bland and boring though. Other from that,I enjoyed it.

The fan gimmick was weird. I didn't particularly enjoy the waterslides because it felt like you were ripping off the waterslides more than DSZ itself. Most by-the-book DSZ levels are fine, but including waterslides was overdoing it.

In all honesty, I wouldn't mind seeing more waterslides in levels if they are really serpentine like one of the ones in here and have a lot of height variation. Heck, I would love to see a fake loop in a waterslide where the Zoom Tube makes sure that the speed stays constant.

I really liked this level. There was a small amount of factors that bumped the general score to about 7/10, one of those being the repetitive textures at times, but overall this was pretty nice. Good job.

Wayne3 said:
to be honest i didnt like this rip off thingy...

Would you like to say why?

7 outta 10

This is a very nice level. First off, the good things. The waterslide you made there is pretty good, I went back just so I could go on it again. You have some nice platforming there too, fun and challenging.
Bad things. I'm better at describing these =P
Enemy placement. It wasn't just the beginning that was bad. Right after re spawning at a star post I was killed again by a Crawla Commander. Also, that little thing you did there with the fans confused me, and it was unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back