Official Level Design Contest: July/August 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quality's greater than quantity, might I remind you. Personally, I'd choose a handful of good beta testers that are serious about improving the levels and all like to play the game a little bit differently (so as to cover all aspects of the mod), rather than twenty gamers that are just bored and need something to do.

While I did get alot of beta testers, over half of them were noobs that only said "nice level", before they even played it!

Anyway, no maps from me this time, unless I make a match/race map. They don't take very long.

You know, I think we're going to have a huge turnout this time, now that the actual submission period has basically doubled due to FuriousFox creating this topic super early...

Though, I suppose he sort of has a point. Due to the new rule stating people can only send in one map per division, it may encourage the person to just keep on working on the current map until he submits it.

Then again, he may just work on his next project for the next contest....

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
You know, I think we're going to have a huge turnout this time, now that the actual submission period has basically doubled due to FuriousFox creating this topic on time for a change.

Fixed

I did see (but not play) Glaber's CTF level (so I could fix his issue), and I was pretty disappointed as soon as I saw the sector layout. Seeing the quality of his other CTF levels, I thought it would be pretty good in gameplay. Unfortunately, he managed to pull off what appears to be another instance of Glaber Syndrome. The level's way too small! (And it isn't exactly visually appealing, either >_<)

At least you haven't submitted it yet.

Well, I've submitted a map for each division. We'll see how this turns out. I think my Single Player level turned out quite well.

Seeing how this topic is dying, perhaps we aren't going to have as big of a turnout as I thought. >_>

No. But you're going to make this the fifth contest in a row with a NiGHTS map.

Single Player - Poison Palace Zone
Match - 39 Divided By 0
CTF - Cylindrical Mine Zone
Circuit - Los Pants Gehts Zone (yes, I know it's not funny. But the name sorta fits, as it indeed is a parody of LGZ)

If we're lucky, or unlucky depending on you view on NiGHTS stages, we may turn this in to the SRB2 year of Nights.

Your multiplayer maps have such stupid names that I'm just assuming they suck and waiting for the single player map.

I my defence, my MP levels are based on Jazz Jackrabbit levels. GS Scrap Brain is going to wind up being my first 2D SRB2 level. Oh and I forgot to mention earlier that the syndrome your looking for is Roboegg Syndrome. Glaber Syndrome is something else. (See following link: http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/User:Glaber#Glaber_Syndrome_Current_Definition)

Edit: I've been looking over the 2008 contest wiki page and noticed that in each of the contests held this year there was a level that broke rule 3. I'm wondering if there is going to be another one this contest?

Hmm..you're right, Glaber; I forgot. However, I've only seen one of Roboegg99's levels, Sand/Fire Temple Zone, which managed to be insanely huge. Has he made insanely small levels as well?

I should mention this: Those of you who only play as one character should know that Tails teleports to a portion specifically for him immediately on spawn when playing Poison Palace. This makes the zone unplayable in coop. I don't care really; two of the other gimmicks, rising slime and the collapsing ceiling, already made it rather coop-unfriendly.

Bah, my map didn't email itself to my account like I told it to.

Nothing from me this time, then.

I would love BZ4 to enter the Circuit division again. Tier was by far the most epic map he ever made. It's not as good as NSZ1 (nor is it in the same category), but it's pretty goshdang sweet. I love how you can thok through pretty much the entire map (even after lap 1), because it requires quite some serious skill to do so. But Tails being able to fly through the tiers...>_>

Of course, that is...if he has an idea in mind for a Circuit map. You all know he wouldn't enter without an idea in mind.

I'm not sure what to say about Tier. Who I was then is is not who I am now, so even if I do make another circuit map, it won't share any similarities. I'm glad you like it, though. It's just that netplay is just so horribly laggy that I'm not sure I would ever get any use out of my own map. >.>

At the moment, I'm more concerned about FFZ2. The idea behind the switchhunt has been finalized, so I'm going to say it's impossible to finish it by this contest, unless I seriously pick up the pace five notches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back