Official Level Design Contest Voting: May/June 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah.
If you vote on only one map out of the bunch, it can change the score drastically. They aren't counted if you do that, so...

The Dark Fox said:
Master, accept the fact that people have different opinions of your map.

Elemental Mansion: 2/10

Repetition, repetition. All rooms are basically the same. Jump, dodge, jump, take that spring, jump. Nothing special. Generic idea. Flat, uninteresting, and most rooms lead to boring, useless rooms. More rooms, not much else.

Also," tokens tokens!!! I have plenty of shields!" doesn't change anything.

Wow, TDF. No reason to be an asshat about it. That's something I'd expect from...well, nevermind that. There's no need to snipe the poor guy like that.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Do vote on more maps, please.

Do stop hyping up your maps, please.

Race Division

Cosmic Caves 5/10

I honestly enjoyed this map, it had a nice theme, and wasn't too bad. The checkpoint sectors could have been fixed though.

Backwards Race 6/10

At first I was a little questionable about going in the reverse direction, but I caught on quickly, maybe because I'm left handed? I like the detail, just enough to look good and play well too, though I had a problem knowing which way I was going to end up turning, It was still very enjoyable.

I said that for the exact reason Dark Warrior mentioned. He needs to vote on more maps; otherwise, his score on my map will not count, as it is in the extremes. Aegix's vote on Temple Tryst Zone was not counted for the same reason. It was the only Match map she(?) voted on, and it was a 9/10.

Kuja said:
That's something I'd expect from...well, nevermind that.

Who? If you're thinking of the right person, there's a chance that they're related... =P

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
I said that for the exact reason Dark Warrior mentioned. He needs to vote on more maps; otherwise, his score on my map will not count, as it is in the extremes. Aegix's vote on Temple Tryst Zone was not counted for the same reason. It was the only Match map she(?) voted on, and it was a 9/10.
It will. I haven't played all maps yet...

Ice said:
Who? If you're thinking of the right person, there's a chance that they're related... =P

Hahaha, that can't be possible. But I wish that person's opinion didn't count so darn much. I propose a nullifying vote!

Talking about Chaos? I read "related."

Magma Core: 8/10

Arid Oasis - 4/10
ew 2d mode

Limestone Ruin - 5/10
Too hard. Gimmicks are rather unexpected.

Techno Meadows: 1/10

Limestone Lake: 5/10

Backwards Race: 4/10

Cosmic Caves - 4/10
Fun, but the starpost and the ending killed it.

Hyrule Temple: 4/10
Flat. Uninteresting.

Plumbers Tower:8/10
Interesting, unique.

Grittzy Gultch Zone: 3/10

Jagged Valley:5/10

Scorching Ice Floe Zone: 6/10

...Nope, turns out I was thinking of someone else. You're related to Chaos?

...Actually, you don't have to answer that. :P

I've wondered that. As far as I'm concerned, Limestone Ruin Zone will be counted, but Arid Oasis will not. That is, if I do the math.

Plumber's Tower Zone - 7.20
Elemental Mansion Zone Act 1 - 6.64

Honestly, I didn't expect my Match level to have a higher score. I put a lot more effort into the 1P level. I never even tested Plumber's Tower Zone in a netgame, so I entered it out of total curiosity. If we ignore the 10 vote in the level, it would only be at 6.25, but that is still surprisingly high for a map that never got tested in a netgame.

If Lime Stone Ruin is counted then this contest will be unique for having an illeagal level not disquallified and Rule 2 maigh have less meaning. Is FF even enforcing the current rules of the contest?

Illeagal Level___________Reason
Lime Stone Ruin,_____ Released under the Editing section of the Forum. See also Rule 2 of the Contest
http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=13316

Arid Oasis, ___________Released under the Releases/Levels section of the Forum. See also Rule 2 of the Contest.
http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=12895

The Contest Rule in question:
FuriousFox said:
2. The map may not have been publicly released before. In other words, if you have released the level on the Addons section or on the forums, you may not enter it. However, if it’s unreleased, that is just as good as being completely new, and is a legal entry. Basically, don't fix up an old map and enter it, make something new.

That action sounds way too risky to the contest entry. Besides how are we suppose to know when a level was submitted unless we're told?

I think it does count. He posted a big update and the post was a day before he mailed FF, and that wasn't the final. So, he does go in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back