Version 2.1 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
tails.gif

deleted_an_entire_pixel.png

Wow. You guys are just complete, fully-functioning dicks, aren't you.

Oh yeah I stole your hands. But they're just a few blobby pixels. Nothing to really get mad or claim credit over.

The rest was scratch work.

Though, if you're really anal about a quick 9x10 pixel rush-job, I could re-sprite them.

Last edited:
Like I mentioned in another topic, an emblem should really be moved there. It's such a cool path.

Besides the new little room in CEZ2, did you guys sneak any other new rooms/paths into the bugfix releases?

You know that big rock structure in the flooding lava room? It's in a cave in there. You need to be quick though, or else you'll get crushed.

you mean the room at the beginning when you take the lower path?
It would really help me if I could get a screenshot or a GIF of that room.

Last edited:
Why has the 2.1.7 patch made my MD2's insane when jumping? They seem to resize when jumping/spinning or something, I don't know it happens too fast, but its extremely noticable that it is not normal.

犬夜叉;747529 said:
I included the wrong r_opengl.dll with 2.1.7. I'll include the proper one for the next release.

In the meantime, you can get the proper dll here.

For those who didn't catch any of the posts linking the fix already.

Why has the 2.1.7 patch made my MD2's insane when jumping? They seem to resize when jumping/spinning or something, I don't know it happens too fast, but its extremely noticable that it is not normal.

I dunno. Some MD2s seem to do that, and it's weird.

Thanks Lightspeed, I've found it. I can't believe that that path was here since 2.0, I've never noticed it. Anyway it's an awesome path, it should be moved in the main route.

Actually, it was added very recently. It wasn't present in the 2.1.0 zones.dta I keep around for reference purposes.

Quite frankly, it'd be nice to see it tweaked a bit and pulled into an Act 2. Definitely would be a nice change of pace for it, anyway.

I found that path a while ago, but it used to be just a simple outdoor room with a token. It's cool that it got extended.

yeah he is eating

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

LJ sonic who made this level told me it will not work in 2.1.7 we must wait until 2.1.8 come out!

I do hope the md2 problem will be fixed soon? I am using the opengl file that MI posted, yet the error of the horrid jumps still exists.

Version 2.1.8 Patch

Posted by Inuyasha on 04-19-2014 06:04 PM.

One last patch before I fly off to Vegas. No, not to gamble over Easter, you fools.

This patch works with Version 2.1.7 only — please make sure you have Version 2.1.7 installed before downloading. This patch addresses the following problems:

• Fixed an exploit in netplay that would crash the game for all connected players.
  • Fixed an issue with the GIF movie code that would occasionally output corrupt files.
  • Fixed a few more issues with OpenGL rendering (and included the proper r_opengl.dll this time).
  • Fixed a few Lua hooks that completely stopped working in 2.1.7.

View on SRB2.org

OK, I guess it's time for me to admit defeat, we're going to be well past 2.1.7 now. I'm glad to see so many OpenGL related bugs being fixed still. Hopefully the netcode works better in this iteration, there seemed to be a bit of a regression in the last few that prevented me from even connecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back