Ask a Quick Question, Maybe Get An Answer Sometime

"Thawk" definitely sounds like the most natural way to pronounce it.

As for questions, is there any particular reason NiGHTS Super Sonic just ascends to the ceiling when clearing a NiGHTS stage? I've been wondering about this for a while now.

Perhaps it's because I'm not from the US, but I definitely do not pronounce "hawk" like "clock". "Hawk" probably sounds more like "hork" to us or something.

That said, I do pronounce "thok" like "clock", "lock", "frock", "dock" "Spock", etc.

About thok's pronounciation, I didn't mean "is it -awk or -ock or such" (I, too, think of thok as rhyming with clock, lock, et cetera), I meant "is it t- or d- or f- or such", considering "th" can be read many ways. Again, I've always thought of it as "f-", but some person in a YouTube video has said it with "t-", which just makes me unsure what the "official" way is.

Here's something that should help:

A while ago, I read somewhere (I think it was the wiki), that the term "thok" comes from the sound made when the ability is used, so it's probably pronounced the way the ability sounds.

Only in some dialects does ⟨th⟩ stand for /t/ in English (Thailand, Thames). Otherwise in all cases when a word starts with ‘th-’, it’s pronounced with the tip of the tongue against the teeth (this, thing)

Okay next question go

Last edited:
How is thok "officially" pronounced (in the sense of SRB2's Speed Thok)? Like, is it a bit like "tuck", or more like... "fuck"? I've thought of it as the latter between learning about SRB2's Speed Thok and until a few months ago, where someone in a YouTube video I watched said it more like "tuck".

And does vanilla SRB2's Speed Thok have a source for the sound, or was it made from scratch for SRB2 (even if using something else as base)? I've recently played Sonic Battle, and Sonic's mid-air jump ability in that game definitely sounds like SRB2's Speed Thok to me.
I pronunce it as "fock".

Is it smart for me to draw a pencil figure, pen over it, then erase the pencil under? Will the eraser affect the pen at all? Is there a pen or type of ink that's suitable for drawing, or will any old ballpoint pen do? I'm trying to make comics at a semi-professional level.

"Will the eraser affect the pen at all?" depends on what pen/ink and paper you're using. I don't know the specifics, so you'll have to do some research, but invest in good paper.

"will any old ballpoint pen do?" For serious traditional inking, I would get something a bit nicer than a ballpoint pen. Maybe look into fountain pens? https://inkpiss.tumblr.com/tagged/fountain-pens might be a decent start for learning about those.

(Honestly, I'd suggest picking up a graphics tablet and learning digital art if you wanna do art seriously, but it's all up to opinions. I can't really give good answers for traditional stuff, honestly.)

Is it possible to sort the bug report sub-forums (on this message board) by threads' last posts' dates (without searching with words or by users)? The closest I get to that is changing the sorting order in the "advanced search"... but then I just get told I have to specify a word or user to search for, even though I don't want to.

Edit: This has been answered now. One can click on the "Last Post Date" thing in the sub-forum to sort by that (which also applies to other things), or change the "Sorted By" option of the "Display Options" near the bottom.

Last edited:
Yes. If you scroll down to the bottom of any page of the Bug Reports forum (or rather, any page of a forum's list of threads) you'll see a "Display Options" box. Just change the option in "Sorted By" to "Last Post Time" and press the "Show Threads" button to resort the threads by last post dates.

It's a pretty nifty feature IMO, you can also sort by Prefix in Bug Reports to get all the threads marked "Fixed", "Confirmed", "Invalid" etc. Saves a lot of time looking for those threads, which is of course useful for us developers.

When will Mystic notice me and my pms after all these years?

And I think I saw it somewhere but don't remember, why were coronas removed again?

And I think I saw it somewhere but don't remember, why were coronas removed again?

Try compiling the game with coronas enabled and see how long it takes before it crashes for no reason whatsoever on any map larger than GFZ1. ...That's probably why they were removed.
And also render parity reasons.

I dunno if crashes were why they were removed, that could be just as much to do with the code's neglect following them being disabled?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back