2.1.12 server crash AND save problem plus GF 1 in Record Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Learning Lua right now.
As the title says, with the 2.1.12 patch, the game might crash if you join servers. But this crash is unlike any other crash, because this crash, MAKES YOU LOSE ALL YOUR EMBLEMS, ALL YOUR SECRETS UNLOCKED, AND MAKES YOU LOSE PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING EXCEPT YOUR SAVE FILES (You know, the 30 ones)!! Seriously, when this happened, I got REALLY angry! Why did this happen to me!? But, yeah. I really want this to be fixed. If it is not fixed, people could rage having to get ALL those secrets AGAIN! Oh, and, this crash does not remove your game save file, but everytime I beat Greenflower 1 in Record Attack, well... like I said before, the game crashes. If you attempt to fix this, please try your best, because this is a big problem!! ...And I'm done. Let me know if this happens to you too!

Uh... errorlog.txt?

...I looked at my errorlog.txt... I don't get it. I really don't know these logs are supposed to work. I mean, I don't really look at these logs that much. Also, the log just looks like random lines of codes! Plus... I looked at the log, it also says personal information about me. I don't wanna show you my real name! So, pretty much... I don't know what to do... and thats it.

Logs in srb2 are .txts files that contain a lot stuff to resolve error that only programmers know what they mean. Usually they are generated after an application crash. If you really want this problem to get solved, this is the only way. So, the next time your Srb2 crashes while joining a server, copy the contents of your errorlog.txt and paste them on Pastebin (http://pastebin.com/) and then post it in your next reply. About the privacy stuff, that is probably your username, and i'm pretty sure there are several people in the world with your same name so you shouldn't worry about it. You can Always change your username before doing this in Windows settings.

You can just remove the personal details from the log before posting it. The parts we're concerned about are the registers (the EIP in particular, which points to the exact place in the program where the crash occured) and the stack dump, which give most of the information we need to correct the problem. These parts of the errorlog have no personally identifiable information. The EXE used (srb2win or srb2dd) is also important for us to make use of this information.

also, >not using a pseudonym as your Windows username

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back