Goldeneye 007

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentdude2

Back from the dead
I just recently got this game for the wii. All i have to say is the story mode is short, but maybe its supposed to be, this is my first 007 game anyway. The graphics seemed alright for a wii game. The one thing i dislike about it was the fact that in black box mode in multi-player online, I't takes twice the time to destroy the box than to gather data from it, and the data gathers at 50% in less than a minute. Also how cheap the final boss is.
Your shooting at one person while 20 other soldiers and a helicopter decide to go bullet crazy on you! Its madness!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, yes, I also got this game recently. I havn't played it yet but I watched my brother play it. It's the remake of the classic Goldeneye for the N64. From what i've seen it looks pretty good, my brother had trouble aiming down alot as if it has an early restriction. It also felt weird there was no life meter like in the old one but oh well. All in all it seems like a good game.

Last edited:
16i83n.jpg

Fun game. I've only beaten the first mission, though (Dam, Facility and Airfield/Runway). I also really suck at multiplayer.

Its pretty fun, but the slow ADS sight gets on my nerves. Just makes it harder to hit a moving target. I even tried adjusting and it still turns slow.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

I think someone is using my name on multiplayer, and I think its most likely someone from SRB2. I only say that because when I see tow of the same people playing as raiden one game (including me) and two people playing as trent (including me again) I start to get suspicious. Never know I could be wrong about the whole thing, but still its kinda suspicious.

Last edited:
This game is only fun if you either never played N64 Goldeneye or don't compare it to N64 Goldeneye and bear the call of duty gameplay.

This game is only fun if you either never played N64 Goldeneye or don't compare it to N64 Goldeneye and bear the call of duty gameplay.
Why would you go into it expecting it to be the N64 Goldeneye all over again? Surely the presence of Daniel Craig should've completely thrown that expectation out the window. It's a good game entirely of its own merits, which is actually a pretty awesome thing - and that's coming from somebody who never bothered with Call of Duty.

Why would you go into it expecting it to be the N64 Goldeneye all over again? Surely the presence of Daniel Craig should've completely thrown that expectation out the window. It's a good game entirely of its own merits, which is actually a pretty awesome thing - and that's coming from somebody who never bothered with Call of Duty.

I'm just saying that this is not the N64 Goldeneye many love. Even though the way it was hyped to be a remake of N64 Goldeneye its more of a mod of Call of Duty if you will. Wii Goldeneye should not be compared to N64 Goldeneye. It does not play like the N64 version but like World at War. Going back to Goldeneye N64, I find it quite boring and hard to control (I never had a N64 as a child). Well I guess thats what modern day shooters do to you. Although the Wii version and is fun and worth a purchase from James Bond fans and FPS fans alike.

The gameplay did relate to call of duty. I got black ops for the wii on Christmas, and the gameplay was just like in 007. I still traded in that piece of crap. Black ops on the wii has the worst graphics and that tends to annoy me.

The gameplay did relate to call of duty. I got black ops for the wii on Christmas, and the gameplay was just like in 007. I still traded in that piece of crap. Black ops on the wii has the worst graphics and that tends to annoy me.

..Even though it's bad graphics are due to the Wii's hardware? Treyarch's team had barely enough time to put all of the multiplayer maps on the Wii, let alone improve graphics.

..Even though it's bad graphics are due to the Wii's hardware? Treyarch's team had barely enough time to put all of the multiplayer maps on the Wii, let alone improve graphics.
I think you missed the point. The excuse "Wii hardware sucks" won't cut it.
The problem is that the game on the Wii platform wasn't a high priority. I've seen many low effort ports with lazy graphics compared to the HD versions. (Although.. I've heard the HD version's graphics suck too)

This may be considered advertising as it is my video, but I felt I should show it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5qkSvPsSWE

THE RARE AND ELUSIVE JANUS BOO
There are apparently a few other bugs too, but nothing really gamebreaking.

I'll give my two cents on this game sometime later. Probably.

It's a pretty good game. Kind of wish there were fewer forced gunfights though- the game really shines when you have the option of being stealthy.

My experience with the stealthy segments is me taking out maybe one or two guys successfully, only for a guy halfway across the room to somehow see me behind cover, and any attempt I make to hide myself so he might think he's just seeing things unabashedly falls flat, leading directly into a firefight.

Not that I mind too much when the firefights are pretty fun, although they do occur a bit too frequently for comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back