Suggestions

This is a pretty minor nitpick, but maybe in the future the Warp Tokens can look more like actual... tokens? As of now, they're really just the Sonic 3-styled emeralds in a little bubble.

Pushable objects able to break shatter blocks

Drop or throw a pushable object at a shatter block (sides and flats) and then they will.... shatter.

-----------

EDIT:

Oops, I forgot this "minor" detail.

I swore some recent exe had this. but it was via bustable block not shatter...

Last edited:
Does that mean Tails could drown while transformed? I don´t know if it counts as Super or Hyper.
Tails can only transform into Super Tails. Sonic and Knuckles can also drown if super, but they also have hyper forms.

Also, meant to suggest this a while ago. Capturing a flag in CTF normally changes the cechoflags to suit itself. (AKA: pretty much removes them)

This behaviour gets annoying, particularly when you set cechoflags in order that the desired behaviour would be more like

srb20075.png

Yeah, I know. Non-team ringiness is a dead giveaway that those guys are co-op SRB2Cineblast bots, but you get the general idea. A somewhat minor gripe, but it'll not only help mods that want to take advantage of flags like this, but people who like to see capitalisation/make cechos/csays translucent to prevent minor blindness (annoying for long range sniping) or whatever the hell they like. After all, aren't the telltale chimes enough?

also make orderpizza mutable with mute command kthxbai

Dropped Chaos Emeralds are still very difficult to pick up; I often pass right through them despite clearly having touched them.

I suggest that the emeralds themselves become much bigger than they are now. In the classics, the emeralds were like half as big as Sonic, but here, they only as big as his shoe. At the very least, they should be as big as rings(I think that was their size in Sonic 1).

Dropped Chaos Emeralds are still very difficult to pick up; I often pass right through them despite clearly having touched them.

I suggest that the emeralds themselves become much bigger than they are now. In the classics, the emeralds were like half as big as Sonic, but here, they only as big as his shoe. At the very least, they should be as big as rings(I think that was their size in Sonic 1).

Their hitbox is actually insanely huge. Dunno why they're so hard to pick up.

犬夜叉;698889 said:
Their hitbox is actually insanely huge. Dunno why they're so hard to pick up.

Perhaps it's somewhat misaligned with the first-person camera? The hitboxes of the player, I mean.

It's just the problem of lack of peripheral vision on a screen, though. Although it might be a good idea to test still bigger hitboxes for dropped Emeralds, as getting collectables to work right with the first person is more important than looking good in the third. The reverse is true for ring shots.

In ERZ2, there is a checkpoint within the disco area that
has no rings at all. And then a room full of at least 1 of
most badniks.

I find it incredibly annoying to get past there if you don't have any rings.
I went through there once, and had beaten all the badnicks in
that tiny room while loosing rings and recollecting them.
But when I faced Robotnick, I had a mishap where he hit me
with some of his ammunition, and I dropped down into the acid below.

When I spawned at the last checkpoint, I had no rings at all.
I got murdered and murdered over again by those dang
badniks huddled in that room. Sure there were 2 lives directly
behind me every time I spawned, but it was fustrating.

Could we add a couple of rings after the check post or something?
I spent 20 minutes dieing, re-spawning and dieing before I finally
managed to get past the stage.

First of all, DarthJunior, your post looks like a poem because of all those line breaks. It's kinda annoying, and I fixed it in my quote.

In ERZ2, there is a checkpoint within the disco area that has no rings at all. And then a room full of at least 1 of
most badniks.

I find it incredibly annoying to get past there if you don't have any rings. I went through there once, and had beaten all the badnicks in that tiny room while loosing rings and recollecting them. But when I faced Robotnick, I had a mishap where he hit me with some of his ammunition, and I dropped down into the acid below.

When I spawned at the last checkpoint, I had no rings at all. I got murdered and murdered over again by those dang badniks huddled in that room. Sure there were 2 lives directly behind me every time I spawned, but it was fustrating.

Could we add a couple of rings after the check post or something? I spent 20 minutes dieing, re-spawning and dieing before I finally managed to get past the stage.
See, you don't have to enter the disco room. It must have months since I last went there, because once you've seen it, it's rarely useful enough to warrant a visit, except maybe in a full playthrough. But if there were rings, the bonus of two lives for every one you lose would be kinda cheap. There has to be some kind of challenge to justify such a ridiculously good reward. If you can't beat the room, you have to leave the lives behind and restart at ERZ1. If you don't want that situation, don't enter.

There's also a shield before the enemy room which makes the fight considerably easier if you approach with some strategy. A skilled player shouldn't have too many problems after he beat it for the first time.

Adding rings into that room == requiring people to enter the Disco Room to attain perfect rings.

I do believe AJ intentionally kept that room devoid of rings JUST to hide it from me, I swear. =P

Perhaps it's somewhat misaligned with the first-person camera? The hitboxes of the player, I mean.

It's just the problem of lack of peripheral vision on a screen, though. Although it might be a good idea to test still bigger hitboxes for dropped Emeralds, as getting collectables to work right with the first person is more important than looking good in the third. The reverse is true for ring shots.

Don't think so. I often deal with the same issue even when playing in the 3rd person perspective.

Rotating the camera 180 degrees upon opening Egg Capsule

Could be by setting an object flag or something, the character pushes down the Egg Capsule's button to free the animals and then the camera rotates 180 degrees and sets cam_dist 384 FU far.

EDIT:

For those who want to try it out on SRB2:

Code:
alias gview "cam_rotate 180; cam_dist 384; cam_speed 0.50; cam_height -20;"
bind j gview
(^ it's a script, if you don't know...)

Last edited:
I have two suggestions:

1) An option to disable the drowning bgm so it only plays the sound effects (a la Sonic CD)

2) An option to make the extra life bgm use a sound effect instead of the bgm.

My reasoning is simple. Whenever you're about to drown, the music you're listening to has to quit playing to trigger the drowning bgm. If you manage to get an air bubble or drown, the song you were listening to in the level has to start from the beginning. Same thing with the Extra Life BGM, once the jingle is done, the song in the level starts from the beginning. It just bothers me because of some of the good songs cannot be fully enjoyed in certain levels do to excessive near-drowning experiences or just happening to get plenty of extra lives during a level.

Now before someone tells me to just avoid getting extra lives or keep my air supply under control, I have something else to point out. If I recall correctly, the Classic Sonic games and even most of the modern ones would merely 'pause' the bgm being played (or mutes it while it continues to play unhindered) to play the jingle (be it drowning, getting an extra life, obtaining invincibility, using a power up in the case of Sonic Colors, etc.) and then resume from where it left off (or unmutes it) as opposed to starting over from the beginning of the song. Why has this not been implemented into SRB2 yet?

Actually, the music only pauses during a 1-Up, all other song changes will cause the stage music to restart from the beginning. However, this behavior could be emulated in SRB2 by hardcoding it to store the current position of the track before playing the 1-Up jingle, then when it's done playing, set the music volume to 0, start playing the previous track from the stored position and fade the volume up to the user set level gradually.

But I think the current system doesn't even keep track of which track was playing before the 1-Up, or of when the 1-Up jingle ends, it just starts playing the track specified by the map's musicslot after a fixed timer expires. Still, it would be something neat for Inuyasha to implement in the next version of XSRB2 and then eventually port it to the trunk to have.

Last edited:
But I think the current system doesn't even keep track of which track was playing before the 1-Up, or of when the 1-Up jingle ends, it just starts playing the track specified by the map's musicslot after a fixed timer expires. Still, it would be something neat for Inuyasha to implement in the next version of XSRB2 and then eventually port it to the trunk to have.

Actually, it does play the song that either was loaded with the map's musicslot like you said, or if you typed a tunes number in the console after the level loaded, it goes back to that song. You might want to verify that just to be sure I'm not crazy.

Newfangled no-spin idea.
The player can't spindash or spin jump, but he crouches when you press the spin button, and when he's running, he'll go into a crouch, and gradually slow down, so most levels can be finished.

Have TAILSPICKUP be disabled by default in Race and *cough* Competitive gametypes, and enabled in all other gametypes, in some small effort to ease the complaining that your opponents in these modes are ghosts.

Have TAILSPICKUP be disabled by default in Race and *cough* Competitive gametypes, and enabled in all other gametypes, in some small effort to ease the complaining that your opponents in these modes are ghosts.

Why would that be good? It's not like everyone is always using Tailspickup anyways... It kind of takes skill to do it, that's what is neat about it.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Back