Merry Christmas! (XMAS.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEV3

There and back again~
Hi,

Well SRB2 has a built in graphics replacement for around this time of year but unfortunately it doesn't always cover all the typical themes, leaving things like Lava, Deserts "un-Christmassy".

So I went through and changed it, some of the graphics are mere color changes while others are completely reworked or redrawn. It supports all Mystic Realm levels, all Vanilla levels, and most packs that use texture sets from the aforementioned levels.

You may even find a surprise if you head into the old Zero Ring Zone or use a level with textures from it.

Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

EDIT: Post updated with Mystic Realm rock floor

So, You have turned lava, into something christmassy or ice?

and more things into a christmassy theme?

srb20171bk9.png

Missed one.

Dude, there is a difference between winter textures and Christmas textures.

GET IT RIGHT FFF

Call it a misnomer if you will, Sonic Team Jr. does the exact same thing. However I would direct you to Zim's Base and Zero Ring to point out that it does indeed have Christmas textures. ;p

Anyways first link updated with the Mystic Realm texture... I dunno why it has all those redundant flats, (or why some of those flats/patches aren't in vanilla srb2).

Kays, the one released does have a slight modification on the Zim walls to make the purple one less of an eyesore when viewed in large rooms (ie: Jazz Attack) and now it has the missing rock floor.

I know this is a bit late, what with New Years and all, but

I can sortof understand that NSZ isn't covered; Mystic Realm was the only wad you went out of your way to give special treatment. But come on, the DSZ set? That's even in Mystic Realm.

Or at least, that's all of the many themes of NSZ I could check. SRB2 outright sigsevs whenever you even look at the beach. Hence NSZ1 can't even run without crashing SRB2 immediately. Heck, you can't even finish NSZ2 without a good sigsev in your face.

My bets are on the pink sand wall texture.

Mystic Realm and Blue Heaven house the most common themes used in SRB2, therefore these were the ones I particularly tried to support. I'm guessing the sigsev is from a texture conflict. You added a new texture for the secret walls that I know of but nothing else comes to mind at the moment. However I don't remember adding any texture lumps so I'm not sure what is wrong.

And DSZ looks good when set against a Wintry environment and I didn't want to lose that, just the same as the SA textures and flats. Grayscale textures I normally didn't try to change anyways, aside from frosting everything in Dark City (even the stuff nobody uses <_< ).

It was merely an attempt to make the XMAS graphics support more themes. I can't tailor it to every level. I've supported the big name stuff and left some room for theme variation where I could, if you are making a mod, then I would encourage you to make your own XMAS graphics add-on if you want one so it can be tailored for your themes.

JEV3 said:
I'm guessing the sigsev is from a texture conflict. You added a new texture for the secret walls that I know of but nothing else comes to mind at the moment. However I don't remember adding any texture lumps so I'm not sure what is wrong.
SANDW is not new. May I suggest loading the lump into the wad again?

Although in other news, looking at the custom switchhunt textures doesn't sigsev my game.

Oddly enough, I played through your levels and they both worked, and sandw wasn't even used... it looked like DCYELLW. They didn't look too good though because of the overdose of SA textures and the inconsistent theme *cough*. =P

I did replace SANDW though, and will upload another new version if necessary... but only if I know it will make a difference.

JEV3 said:
Hi,

Well SRB2 has a built in graphics replacement for around this time of year but unfortunately it doesn't always cover all the typical themes, leaving things like Lava, Deserts "un-Christmassy".

So I went through and changed it, some of the graphics are mere color changes while others are completely reworked or redrawn. It supports all Mystic Realm levels, all Vanilla levels, and most packs that use texture sets from the aforementioned levels.

You may even find a surprise if you head into the old Zero Ring Zone or use a level with textures from it.

Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

EDIT: Post updated with Mystic Realm rock floor

Joe The Hedgehog: Man ur in for a surprise later god sake!!!!! waht see u later ummmmmmmmmmmmm.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back