1.08 Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed it long ago, but this is just when I noticed it recently enough to write it on the topic.

In the Reverse Shadow FOF, the sector brightness is used above and below the FOF. In "Untouchable Clear" FOF, you can't set the transparancy with the above front. Uh-oh.

What's "Reverse Shadow"? Give me a linetype number; Kristos used some weird names for the effects in his DB cfg, and I don't know them all.

If by "Untouchable Clear," you mean the intangible translucent FOF, linetype 52, I know about that and I added alpha support to it recently.

Sometimes, when jumping on a spring to get out of water, you won't splash at the water's surface, and it wont send you as high as it usually does. I've only experienced this in one of my custom maps and I am pretty certain I didn't do anything wrong to cause this.

Oh, I know what he's talking about.

If you jump out of the water over a FOF, it won't splash.

Another thing I was messing with turns out to have a bug.

If you're running on water that's moving up and down, when it hits the maximum point, it dumps Tails to the ground instantly. Probably related to the problem with Skim.

Yeah. I tried to add that to Tropical Paradise too. Skim doesn't work. He causes the game to crash. What did he do? Since you said that the water problem was related to him, did he hover on top of the water chasing Tails?

Skim works in the current beta, but if he's placed on moving water, he disppears when the water reaches the highest point.

When you place things in water, it lags up SRB2 in software mode. If I can't place trees, and other plants in the water, then the whole basis for hanging Gardens Zone is ruined.

If you run into a wall of Spike Things, you stop, but your speed is not decreased. EX: I run into it. I stop, but I keep holding up. I jump. ZOOM!!! I acelerate from 0 to 90 in 0.01 secconds. This could be a problem with my level, but I don't think so.

That's because you pwn us all, AJ. The rest of us humans can't make those things. We'd all appreciate it if you fixed the object sprites to be more accurate X_X

Oh come on, sector spikes look even way too easy XD!

Of course, I haven't tried making one myself, let alone from scratch. Seriously though, I can dissect one in my mind and figure out how to make one. I swear, I probably can do it :o

If you use a spring, and bounce up to a corner on the ledge, it still remaines in the "Falling Down" position. If you pull back, you'll fall down at light speed! In GFZ2, at the third check, if you turn around, you'll notice a major bug.

Custom Exits without the Level Tally (Sector Special 71, "Block Sound" Tag) crash SRB2.

At least I think so. My linedef length is 30 units (just to test), so it should send me to map 30, shouldn't it? It starts to play the "Act Clear" song and then sigsegvs.

Edit: Indeed, removing "Block Sound" sends me to Map 30 without crashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back