I have a problem with WADS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

$0N!C

Hi. I seem to have a problem with the WADS when I load them using the net launcher. An error window pops up and says that the WAD is missing a texture patch, or i get a runtime error. I have'ent played SRB2 in about a year, but i updated the game to the last release. So if im missing something can you help me out?

The Net Launcher is designed to work with SRB2 1.09.4. If you are playing 2.0, it won't work.

What are you talking about? The netlauncher works fine with adding 2.0 wads. It uses the same command line parameter as 1.09.4 for adding wads. There are a couple things that are outdated, but it is mostly fine. Just make sure you have it in the same folder as srb2win.

What are you talking about? The netlauncher works fine with adding 2.0 wads. It uses the same command line parameter as 1.09.4 for adding wads. There are a couple things that are outdated, but it is mostly fine. Just make sure you have it in the same folder as srb2win.

My WAD files are in the same folder as SRB2win, but the same thing happens. and if the WAD is loaded then the color to the level is all mixed up. and some textures are still missing. Ill see if i can get a picture to show you what i mean.

If the WAD is loaded then the color to the level is all mixed up. and some textures are still missing.

Sorry, but your char wad is as good as DEAD. The level, however, can be conveted with lvlcnv, which there is a guide for on the forums Stickies (Lvlcnv cam with SRB2ME). HOWEVER, SOCs and some textures WILL NOT be converted, and if it's custom, the pallete will be wrong. BEFORE you conver the firle, save the textures that ARE custom, convert, get the new pallete (Dig in SRB2ME to find it) and put it in, and set it to the pallete (via the pallete menu tab, which will apear when you select the pallete), and THEN load the textures. the textures may not look PERFECT, but they WILL be converted to a better pallete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back