scr_mechmountain1.wad (2nd zone, act 1 of Doomsday Pack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster Iestyn

Fangtastic
Well, earlier this week I had released Blossom Gardens. Now it's Act 1 of the next zone: Mech Mountain!

It is just Act 1 for these reasons:

Act 2 is to be participating in the March/April Official Level Design Contest coming soon.

I'm not releasing Act 3 until after the contest, and I will release it with Acts 1 and 2.

It may be a good idea to add this along with Blossom Gardens when you play it, because I have made sure that the game will not crash after completing this Act, plus that BGZ3 will send you to this Act.

Screens:
srb20007.png

Beginning

srb20008.png

Entering the Factory

srb20009.png

Looking out the window

srb20010.png

Deton area

srb20011.png

Near the end

srb20053.png

And the screen for level select.

Links:
Sendspace: http://www.sendspace.com/file/dy3wa5

SRB2FFH: http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=52f63fbc1dbfc05bb3d4ed860b925227

Enjoy!

EDIT: I've reuploaded the link for Mech Mountain, with some fixes I've made to it. You should now go to the credits when you complete it.

EDIT2: Removed most of the enemies to make it easier to play.

Wow your levels are good. The only thing that is bad about this level is that there are a too many enemies.

Monster Iestyn said:
It may be a good idea to add this along with Blossom Gardens when you play it, because I have made sure that the game will not crash after completing this Act.

Nope, Mech Mountain still crashed. O_o

The Dark Fox said:
Sidestepping...

Add little jumps.

What do you mean by 'sidestepping'?

I added all those enemies because the level's supposed to be a bit harder than Blossom Gardens, but I guess I must have put too many...

Monster Iestyn said:
I added all those enemies because the level's supposed to be a bit harder than Blossom Gardens, but I guess I must have put too many...
Enemy quantity does not equal difficulty. Instead, it is the types of enemies, the placement of them, and the overall level design. If a level turns out too difficult, why not just move it farther in the rotation?

Does the enemy amount differ between difficulties? Like in Mysticrealm, on hard or very hard, in Flame Rift, a thousand enemies come after you, and they can fly!*shot* Like said, the placement decides difficulty. Acidmissile. The water level has enemies up on a ledge so you fall as soon as you get up there.

light the elementa said:
Does the enemy amount differ between difficulties? Like in Mysticrealm, on hard or very hard, in Flame Rift, a thousand enemies come after you, and they can fly!*shot* Like said, the placement decides difficulty. Acidmissile. The water level has enemies up on a ledge so you fall as soon as you get up there.

Yes, and it's the same with Blossom Gardens.

Enemies for some reason appear in packs. With the last conveyor, you can just take the left and skip alot of level. If you go right, in the cave, where the monitor is, your wall allows the camera to breech it, allowing you to see all the control sectors and whatnot.

Chaos said:
Enemies for some reason appear in packs. With the last conveyor, you can just take the left and skip alot of level. If you go right, in the cave, where the monitor is, your wall allows the camera to breech it, allowing you to see all the control sectors and whatnot.

Odd... O_o

Show me a screenshot of it happening...

*Gasp*

That's never happened to me before!

I'll go and see if it does...

*Goes off to play Mech Mountain Act 1*

EDIT: Found it, fixed it. It had a thin thok barrier over there.

I'll post a new link as soon as I can, once I sort out the crashing business as well...

Aled The Hedgehog said:
You forgot someone's credit...

What? You only suggested an idea for a small gimmick (The extra life under the moving platform).

Please don't bug me just because I forgot to do that, Aled!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back