a Loop wad, THAT WORKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
FoxBlitzz said:
Better, but the rings at the top aren't in a curvy shape. Math, man, math!

yes... i did that... in doombuilder they showed correctly but when i played the stage... they were somehow passed the celing :eek: and i lowered them to as much as i could go for them to be in a sorta... circle shape...

but thats the best i could do... unless if i had something that would show it correctly in doombuilder or the game but still be building the stage

Grab each height value of each of the sectors you are using, and place the rings a certain amount of units lower than that number (Like 40 for example). It can't be that hard to do.

so if i set a ring at a z offset of 36 on a platform that has 100 for the floor height, it would actually be at a height of 136 right?

FoxBlitzz said:
In relation to what? The floor, or 3D space?

in relation to the floor...
(z offset of 36... Floor height of 100... it would have a height of 136 right?)

It would have a height of 36 off the floor height.

I'm talking about grabbing the height of the ceiling for each sector of the loop, and putting the rings' Z-offset slightly below that. In Doom Builder, put your mouse over a sector and look for the little variable that says "Height" at the bottom. That will tell you how high to put the rings. You'll need to place them a bit lower though or else they'll overlap the ceiling.

FoxBlitzz said:
It would have a height of 36 off the floor height.

I'm talking about grabbing the height of the ceiling for each sector of the loop, and putting the rings' Z-offset slightly below that. In Doom Builder, put your mouse over a sector and look for the little variable that says "Height" at the bottom. That will tell you how high to put the rings. You'll need to place them a bit lower though or else they'll overlap the ceiling.

alright... i took what you said and made a better loop for the wad :mrgreen:

UPDATED DOWNLOAD LINK
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1fzait

EDIT: And heres a Pic too of the most recently updated one

newestloop3of.png

I experimented using a 2d level like this...(well, not the loop) There are several ways to move into the foreground or background in 2d.

1) conveyors
2) springs
3) lightdash trail

ZTaimat said:
I experimented using a 2d level like this...(well, not the loop) There are several ways to move into the foreground or background in 2d.

1) conveyors
2) springs
3) lightdash trail

i like using conveyors :mrgreen:

i think now... that i made this loop wad... i think i'll try to remake a stage of green hill zone from the genisis games

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
in doombuilder they showed correctly but when i played the stage... they were somehow passed the celing
I haven't examined the wad to determine whether this is the reason for what you describe, but anyway: bear in mind that DB's 3D mode doesn't (yet) take account of the Deaf flag on rings when calculating their position.

I found a glitch in the new loop level.

If you start moving on the conveyor belt and press down you will start dashing. Then when you hit the dash pannel you fly across the stage near to where the level finish is.

v.g.m. said:

If you start moving on the conveyor belt and press down you will start dashing. Then when you hit the dash pannel you fly across the stage near to where the level finish is.

i actually found this out myself... i could just make impassable line defs... but people dont want me to :|

cool level! but I get stuck right after the loop, and then suddenly I almost fall off the level.

that aside, very well done.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
v.g.m. said:

i actually found this out myself... i could just make impassable line defs... but people dont want me to :|
Impassable screws up the game. In DB, impassible Lindefs are the thicker-lookling ones. Impassables are pretty much the reason Thok Barriers exist. DON'T. USE. IMPASSABLE.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
v.g.m. said:

Where the Speed Pad is, you can make a sector with a ceiling and floor of 1000 and the floor and ceiling flat to f_sky1. I can demonstrate.

And BTW, I noticed that your Death pit was the wrong flat, it's supposed to be PIT not FLOOR0_3.

http://srpgp.supersanctuary.com/ffh/download.php?file=e0e82712b3cde4b2b9852f50ae82e8b8

Aegix said:
cool level! but I get stuck right after the loop, and then suddenly I almost fall off the level.

That's due to the sucky camera system, which hits the wall and stops following you. I have posted a suggestion in this forum for a sector/linedef special that does the Reset Camera action, in order to correct this.

Evil level creators..

Well, it would be great if it could be a smooth one instead of a blocky one, but that's life.. Nice job I guess..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back