I beat the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarioFreak2001

that one gal
I've been a fan of SRB2 for a while now, yet I haven't beaten the game until just now.

I feel so proud of myself for accomplishing this feat!

I've been a fan of SRB2 for a while now, yet I haven't beaten the game until just now.

I feel so proud of myself for accomplishing this feat!
Congrats!

But when you say beat the game, are you referring to beating all the single player levels or beating the single player levels and getting all emeralds, emblems and other unlockables?

Congrats!

But when you say beat the game, are you referring to beating all the single player levels or beating the single player levels and getting all emeralds, emblems and other unlockables?

I've been playing SRB2 for ~10 years now and despite that I've never bothered to get all the 2.1 emblems. The score emblems are an exercise in tedium and the final Azure Temple emblem is just...not...worth..it.

I beated the game! (1 year ago and 100 emblems :v )
I beated Black Hole Zone with 1 second left. that's insane no? :v
Also beaten 1.09 with all the emblems, and 2.0 the time attack left.

Last edited:
There seems to be some confusion.
I just meant I beat single player for the first time.
No 100%. No unlockables (besides the secrets menu and sound test).
I just beat single player.

So did you just never get around to it? I mean, 2.1 is several years old and I remember beating it at the most maybe a few weeks after it released.

To be honest, I still have yet to beat any version of SRB2. I got to Egg Rock Zone with Knuckles but the difficulty spike killed me.

Good job, man. I've been playing for around 6 years now, and I've never really had the will to even remotely attempt to complete the game in one or more sittings. Once, I played until Egg Rock Zone 1, but died, lol. That was in v2.0>, so I'm yet to actually attempt the v2 levels, considering the last time I properly played was in 2012. Enough about me though, congrats man, best regards.

Which character were you using? You haven't TRULY beaten it until you beat it with all Chaos Emeralds as Sonic. ;)

Congrats regardless though, it does take some time to get used to the game's controls, so completing the main storyline for the first time is a good feeling.

The game oddly enough has tank controls and for some reason promotes FPS camera control, all in a Sonic game at that....soooo.....I don't blame you for never having beaten SRB2 yet.(though have you ever "beaten it" in coop with some others carrying you through it?)

It took me FOREVER to beat Techno Hill Act 2 as a kid in around 1.08. Those lasers and poison pits just kept getting me, and I was too dumb to figure out the red thing did something off-screen, so I.....got lost. Same with Castle Eggman Act 1 and it's underwater cave. I can't even imagine just how hard Egg Rock must really be for newcomers...

It took me FOREVER to beat Techno Hill Act 2 as a kid in around 1.08.

Same :c . It was so hard for me, i was only able to beat in 2 player mode with one distracting the turret (Trolling turret :D)

I can't even imagine just how hard Egg Rock must really be for newcomers...

I made near 20 attempts for beat the crushers part in ERZ1

But now i can beat it in 3 minutes :v

You haven't TRULY beaten it until you beat it with all Chaos Emeralds as Sonic. ;)

hew5XGI.png

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, the crusher part was the hardest part for me in ERZ1 when I completed the game first time. Back then I couldn't use strafe, which may have something to do with it. ERZ2 took longer than the whole game before it, but it was a hugr pleasure to finally finish the game after that. I can just imagine the difficulty of the current ERZ3 for new players, where you don't only need to do careful platforming, but also have to do it fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back