The DOOR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaotic Chao

horns Horns HORNS
How can I make a door open using a linedef executor when all the enemies(or in my case the boss)are gone? I know it has something to do with the no more enemies linedef... I checked ERZ2 AND CEZ2 but got no luck...

I think my main problems are tagging and how to trigger it.

First, have you checked here? http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Linedef_Type_313

Like the article says you need Linedef Type 313, invisible intangible FOFs, a linedef trigger ('continuous' or 'once') and the action you want to be executed (in your case it could be Linedef Type 404 to raise the ceiling of the door sector).

If you still can't do it by following those instructions, let me suggest a different approach.

I presume you are familiar with the way Linedef Executors work, so I'm writing the following with that in mind:

1. Build a linedef executor system on the door sector using Linedef Type 302 as the trigger and Linedef Type 404 as the action, as you'd normally do for, say, pressing a button to open it. Except in this case, don't bother with the trigger sector, since it's not a button you want but the death of a boss in the area.
  2. Give a tag of 64 to the trigger linedef.
  3. Build a new control sector with Linedef Type 313 (No More Enemies) and Linedef Type 223 (Invisible Intangible FOF).
  4. Tag the FOF linedef to the target sector where the boss is, and give the control sector a floor and ceiling heights equal to those of the same target sector.
  5. The No More Enemies linedef doesn't need any tag, instead give it a length of 64 (the same value that was given to the first trigger linedef). Just make sure the No More Enemies linedef is not diagonal or else the length may not be exactly 64 (even if the builder says so).

Good luck with that and have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back