UPDATED New sonic model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeffjeff777 said:
how do you make a md2.dat file for your MD2 folder? Please explain how to do it?
How I did it was I copied one of the other data files (I think it was the normal game data) and renamed it to MD2. You just need to remember that it needs to be in the base folder. (The same one SRB2 is in.)

Anyways, I want to see more great skins for the Sonic Model!

I want to see someone attempt to make this model go from it's original blue sonic model to a yellow super sonic model, you know, Quills going up.

HYPER SONILDOW said:
I want to see someone attempt to make this model go from it's original blue sonic model to a yellow super sonic model, you know, Quills going up.

Thats a little more difficult than you think. This is a much higher poly mesh than the wizard model, i can't just take the end vertices and shift them up. Not only that Im not be able to do this in blender since I would be required to make a bone for every ring of vertices. Also this would require the color changing wad to work correctly to be worth it, otherwise the shading would be all off.

As for using SlumpEd, every time I tried to make a WAD with it, the resulting wad crashes srb2.

That doesn't happen unless I edit srb2.srb, or any other file that comes with it. Use XWE. Here's mine if you don't know how to get XWE to work.

I know what happened now, I put the PNG directly into the WAD. If you replace the lumps with a converted BMP image, it might work.

Now that I have OpenGL, I can happily use this model, and the knuckles one. Great job, Ashnal.

I suppose I should contribute and make my own texture edit.

srb20000-13.png

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h118/Chao_Master/PLAY-1.png

It didn't look as nice as I hoped it would, but I still like it.

HYPER SONILDOW said:
T_T W.....T......F?! What the hell is that?! I'm sorry, but that looks horrible!

Didn't you click the link below it to see what the texture was? Oh well, here, I made another one.

srb20001-7.png

PLAY-2.png

^ Texture

It actually looks nice, reminds me of a puppet.

Wrong one, Chaos Knux. That's the early version of the colour-changing skin, rather than the original full-colour, high-res one.

Also, woot at that Captain Falcon skin, Jellybones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back