• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Art maker (By Ors and LJ_Sonik)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ors

Custom User Title
Hello! This is the only wad that has "ingame level editors".
Me and LJ_Sonik have made six maps + hub (3 single player and 3 multi player) that all have ingame level changing possibility.
We'll add this to releases when 2.1 is out and we have made changes with Lua.

I've made this building with Monument Builder:
m19yikhded6wddwfg.jpg

Here is hub:
tvrqnldnhkcrfehfg.jpg

Build the flag:
5o38eo6ilpyzwv8fg.jpg

Floor Painter 32x32 and 16x16:
9sq9lzq93ttsxljfg.jpg

There's also match map called PaintFloor Labyrinth and a coop map called Fatal Floor.

This is a block selection. Jump on the blocks you want to place.
n9ft3zg510od8edfg.jpg

This is an eraser tool. It's like one of the blocks. Use that if you place your block to the wrong place.
y4l8c8edad8cr7nfg.jpg

Select the height of the blocks you want to place with these buttons. There's 8 buttons in total.
d69r7gdf7h33zfnfg.jpg

Place your blocks with this. If you jump to any scuare, the block you have chosen will raise to the same scuare in the building area to the height you have chosen.
nsp1rx87spmundgfg.jpg

Clear the whole building area with this:
c089kjn6t2q495tfg.jpg
There's also a goal for players who would like that. (there's possible to get in 15 seconds)

Warnings:
May crash the game at the Monument, but don't give up. It will crash the game only on some attempts.
Some maps have over 20 000 linedefs and one has over 30 000 sidedefs, so this may be hard to open with DoomBuilder.

DOWNLOAD LINK:http://download1506.mediafire.com/ye79ftzfg8sg/mdhcjkcm5s33pyd/Art-maker.rar

Last edited:
"Okay yeah this looks very well done, I'm sure a lot of effort went into i-"

7pnRT.png

Oh my god.

Last edited:
"Okay yeah this looks very well done, I'm sure a lot of effort went into i-"

7pnRT.png

Oh my god.

RIP in peace
IMO ingame sandbox for srb2 is kinda.... eh?
Trying it out right now, I'll give you my response later.

-EDIT-
Wow! This thing is pretty neat! :D
It's too bad that Srb2 doesn't allow for better sandbox capabilities. (Then again, Srb2 wasn't meant to be a sandbox)

ANYWAYS

Here is what I made!~
srb20029%20%282%29.png

I call this one... "BOLD AND BRASH"

Last edited:
Please, could you increase the maximum amount of linedefs and vertexes per map? I'm making really complicated map for SRB2...

I guess that post was referring to this. Anyways, it's really interesting seeing that many lindefs. Nice job.

Holy scrambled eggs. How long did it take for you to make this?!

Regardless, this certainly surprised me being the first ingame level editor (of my knowledge) to come to SRB2. Congrats.

I just played around with this, and it's pretty neat.

But seriously, how many years did you spend on this?

I had just tested this out and I applaud you. This is actually really interesting.

...So, how about getting us a CTF version of this where we can build our own bases hmmmm?

This is honestly one of the coolest things done in SRB2 yet, I hope you do more with it sometime since this could be a really cool thing to play with in a larger scale.

I just tested this with yacker on his server, this is incredible! o.o

I'm just mind-blown by this, and i shall ask the same question, how long did this take to make?

We also made a 'lil hut =3

ohmfi9.png

zkocol.png

219ry37.png

This mod plus Lua would make the perfect SRB2 sandbox experience.

I'd really love to see this expanded upon sometime on down the road. No doubt that 2.1 and Lua could make this concept way better. And I also decided to make something.

CHjY7Ef.png

The great and powerful Trixie demands you check out her palace...

...wow! I mean, you're clearly insane, but as long as we have people who are willing to put this much time, energy and creativity into SRB2 stuff, we really don't have to worry.

I wish I had even a fraction of your patience so that I could actually try and build something with this.

Last edited:
Can I ask you something Ors? Do you have a life? This just blew my mind.

...So, how about getting us a CTF version of this where we can build our own bases hmmmm?

This is honestly one of the coolest things done in SRB2 yet, I hope you do more with it sometime since this could be a really cool thing to play with in a larger scale.

Apparently a CTF version of this won't be possible because of the linedef limit... unless you apply the same linedefs to the two separated bases. It wouldn't be ideal, but it'd still be cool!

EDIT: I needed to edit my post to say: seriously, this is just awesome!

Holy scrambled eggs. How long did it take for you to make this?!

Regardless, this certainly surprised me being the first ingame level editor (of my knowledge) to come to SRB2. Congrats.
I just played around with this, and it's pretty neat.

But seriously, how many years did you spend on this?
This ... how long did you spend on this again?
As I quote the 9th Doctor, "Fantastic!". Great idea, and well executed. Well done!
...wow! I mean, you're clearly insane, but as long as we have people who are willing to put this much time, energy and creativity into SRB2 stuff, we really don't have worry.

I wish I had even a fraction of your patience so that I could actually try and build something with this.

I used half of the weekend to make this. But these comments pay all that job I done for this wad.

I just tested this with yacker on his server, this is incredible! o.o

I'm just mind-blown by this, and i shall ask the same question, how long did this take to make?

We also made a 'lil hut =3

ohmfi9.png

zkocol.png

219ry37.png
I used a half of the weekend (8-9 hours?) to make this. But I think it was worth all that effort.

Also, snow: That hut is great! Did you make that with Yacker?

I'd really love to see this expanded upon sometime on down the road. No doubt that 2.1 and Lua could make this concept way better. And I also decided to make something.
CHjY7Ef.png

The great and powerful Trixie demands you check out her palace...
That is awesome! You have made temples like this before? I was actually thinking about saving system to this if LUA allows that.

Thanks! I didn't expect to have that positive feedback from devs. =)
I'll start CTF version later. Both teams will have a temple builder with one color. They can cover the whole flag with it but it would make some trouble for own team too.

Can I ask you something Ors? Do you have a life? This just blew my mind.
Yes, I have! Sathurday: I started this map and continued untill there was my favorite TV-show in television. I used the rest of the night with my family.
Yesterday I was hiking quite long time. Don't worry, I have a life. =)

Last edited:
Oh. My. God.

This is just... awesome! This, with Lua and CTF (like CoatRack said), could be AWESOME.
Didn't have time to make a screenshot, probably soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back