Suggestions

You could always put "the act" or "the zone" on a third line, instead of squeezing it into the second line.

Edit: Wait, no, that's a horrible idea.

Last edited:
Neo Chaotikal, your suggestion is fucking pointless and doesn't make it any more obvious that the player completed a stage. I honestly can't take someone seriously when they're moaning about there being one extra three-letter-word on the screen. In actuality, you're just suggesting this for the sake of matching an unused bit of code because it's from the original trilogy. Why would you sacrifice grammar for a bit of OCD centered-neatness.

Seriously, I didn't even notice or care about this until now. It looks fine.

How about a custom string option for the act clear screen in level headers? To please everyone?

Also so I can have all my levels end with "Sonic owned that shiz, yo"

{It's more than just that, it looks like one block of text; the bottom isn't so unwieldy larger than the top.

Sonic got
through the zone

Sonic got
through zone

The bottom just looks better. More square-like. And it's no less clear.}

Why have the character name there in the first place? We clearly know who we're playing as.

X-act zone: ACT X CLEARED

0-act zone: ZONE CLEARED

So why are you suddenly so vitriolic about my OCD, then? Take a chill pill, bro.

When you turn it into Engrish it will be noticeable. You want perfect balance on space but sacrifice it with dumb grammar faults. Good job.

Last edited:
When you turn it into Engrish it will be noticeable. You want perfect balance on space but sacrifice it with dumb grammar faults. Good job.
yeah repeating my sentence structure to somehow prove your point is really clever, but it doesn't invalidate the fact that your immediate response to my harmless suggestion was to instantly discret it and instead suggest changing the text to something that isn't any more proper English and further aggravates the alignment issue.

This is my last post on the subject. I'm not dumb enough to fall for obvious trolling that'll only end up getting me an infraction.

And thus no progress was made on a more effective way on not making the screen convoluted without sacrificing grammar. Besides Chrome's post at least.

...Really guys? All this fuss just about the text at the end of a level?

IMO the single-act ending text is fine as it is, "zone" would look odd as already stated, and "the zone" would make that line even wider than it is currently, which would be worse of course.

And anyway, characters for SRB2 - custom or not - have varying name lengths in the end; there's no point trying to de-lopsidify it for just Sonic's name.

'Sonic got through zone' is weird. Your problem is with the alignment, so just change the alignment.

I honestly can't take someone seriously when they're moaning about there being one extra three-letter-word on the screen.

You're kind of being an asshole, by the way.

I got a suggestion. You should change the theme of Red Volcano Zone and make it Arid Canyon zone 2 or something like that... Which leaves space for Dark City to make an appearance, since the way the new special stages are set up. 7 zones = 7 special stages. Right?

Or you could just scrape Red Volcano all together, since Egg Rock zone already takes advantage of lava gimmicks...

Last edited:
Dark City Zone = Special Stage 7

Egg Rock Zone = NiGHTS Super Sonic final boss.

I like the idea of using Egg Satellite(ERZS) as Final Fight Zone. However, what would this mean for Grand Eggship Zone? Since it takes the eighth zone slot and there are only seven Special Stages, it'd be the only level without a NiGHTS counterpart.

There shouldn't really be any care about how many Special stages themed with every zone will be. If you get all chaos emeralds before finishing the game or if you get 2 chaos emeralds in one map, then the course of following the special stages for every zone is useless.

I'm pretty sure I read on the wiki they plan on keeping the special stages as they are, so no special stages for Dark City, Grand Eggship, etc etc, unless they have bonus stages similar to Black Hole and Spring Hill. I wouldn't care either way though...

Anyway, with the whole act clear tally screen, I have to agree with Chrome. SRB2 may be inspired by the Death Egg saga games, but that does not mean SRB2 needs to copy it, as we had to point out to frostav or whatever his name was. But as with the special stages, I would not care either way in the end due to the fact that you see the text for maybe 45 seconds just playing through the single player campaign, and maybe an additional 15 seconds for the bonus stages (not including SRB1 remake).

New suggestions: As far as I'm aware, the Armageddon shields are currently the most rare and hard to get to shields in singleplayer. However, because there generally aren't that many enemies (and no crawla spam) anymore, they're really not that useful compared to the Whirlwind shield or the Attraction shield in Singleplayer, they've only been useful for me in Record Attack and Multiplayer. I think the Armageddon shield should either be buffed for Singleplayer or alternatively simply be more common.

Also, very basic, but some of Srb2's music really needs to be a bit longer. Especially Arid Canyon's, Red Volcano's and Egg Rock's soundtracks are too repetitive, although they're pretty much awesome apart from that.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Back