[Srb2riders] Diddy Kong Racing SRB2 - Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a srb2riders Mario Kart level.
I have been working on this level pack based on the N64 version of Diddy Kong Racing. Only Ancient Lake and Fossil Canyon are finished. Ancient Lake is MAP70 and Fossil Canyon is MAP71.

Attachments

• k_DKR_music.rar
    26.4 MB · Views: 475
  • srb20104.png
    srb20104.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 610
  • srb20105.png
    srb20105.png
    68 KB · Views: 589
  • k_DKR.rar
    97.8 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:
Welp, I was able to do 3 laps in 36 seconds. Maybe you should resize the map so it's bigger, and fix the small stair slope you made there. It might need the Ramp sector special. Make it at least big enough that 3 laps can be done in nearly a minute. Then just add some scenery.

Welp, I was able to do 3 laps in 36 seconds. Maybe you should resize the map so it's bigger, and fix the small stair slope you made there. It might need the Ramp sector special. Make it at least big enough that 3 laps can be done in nearly a minute. Then just add some scenery.

How do I resize the Level? and I have added more scenery to the level anf fixed the stair slope.

Last edited:
Select Linedef or Sector, press Ctrl+A to Select All, and then press Shift+R to resize. Luckily, you can also 'resize' Things. On YouTube, the average lap time is 20 seconds, and I was able to get the same when I resized the map to 200.

It still looks too flat, though. Maybe if you added additional scenery, like textures and flats, it wouldn't seem so bad.

I updated the level
* The Lake is easier to get out of.
* The Flowers isn't scrunched together anymore
* There are Shadows now

Diddy Kong Racing SRB2 is not dead:

Fossil Canyon:

srb20102.png

srb20103.png

Fossil Canyon is almost done.

Also Jungle Falls, Hot Top Volcano, and Wizpig Race 1 is in Early Development. More to come soon.

Hot Top Volcano... That'll be an interesting one to do. It was never even car compatible in the original game, so how will you do it?

Also, I think you should do Crescent Island or Treasure Caves! :D

I just had a whirl through Fossil Canyon, and a few things caught my attention:
http://i53.tinypic.com/zygh95.png
This speed pad here doesn't work. Even if it did function properly, the speed pad would boost a player into the water anyway, unless they're cautious of this and react quick enough to avoid it.
The actual problem here is from using the speed pad, landing in the water and after using the spring to get back out of the water, the player would have to TURN BACK, just for this checkpoint!
http://i52.tinypic.com/2zzuqrr.png
Thus, none would bother taking that route during a race, and would make that speed pad pointless.
I'd suggest making the water shallow enough to allow players to go at full speed, and stair slopes(as opposed to small cliffs) leading into and out of the water, so players can keep their speed. That, and a checkpoint going across the water as well.
Another thing I noticed is that there's no item boxes.

That aside, it's a pretty ok level.

Last edited:
Dkr-Srb2 v1.4.1 Released!

I just had a whirl through Fossil Canyon, and a few things caught my attention:
http://i53.tinypic.com/zygh95.png
This speed pad here doesn't work. Even if it did function properly, the speed pad would boost a player into the water anyway, unless they're cautious of this and react quick enough to avoid it.
The actual problem here is from using the speed pad, landing in the water and after using the spring to get back out of the water, the player would have to TURN BACK, just for this checkpoint!
http://i52.tinypic.com/2zzuqrr.png
Thus, none would bother taking that route during a race, and would make that speed pad pointless.
I'd suggest making the water shallow enough to allow players to go at full speed, and stair slopes(as opposed to small cliffs) leading into and out of the water, so players can keep their speed. That, and a checkpoint going across the water as well.
Another thing I noticed is that there's no item boxes.

That aside, it's a pretty ok level.

How the heck did I miss those things! I'm so forgetful, anyways i've fixed that. Diddy Kong Racing SRB2 v1.4.1 is released and fixed those problems. :D

bump

Oh, by the way, if Battle Mode is ever going to be made, are you going to make the challenge tracks? (i.e. Icicle Pyramid, Smokey Castle)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back