2.1 pro players?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to remind everyone that setting up netgames on the forum generally doesn't work, and that's why it's against the rules. If you want to set up netgames, I suggest just actually hosting. Keep doing it, especially at a consistent day and time, and you'll attract an audience. Post on our IRC channel and/or one of the several SRB2 related Discord rooms when you set up, and above all don't be obnoxious about it. Over time you'll generate a bigger and bigger audience. Talking about getting netgames running isn't going to do a whole lot; if you want to get netgames going, actually start some netgames.

I'd like to remind everyone that setting up netgames on the forum generally doesn't work, and that's why it's against the rules. If you want to set up netgames, I suggest just actually hosting. Keep doing it, especially at a consistent day and time, and you'll attract an audience. Post on our IRC channel and/or one of the several SRB2 related Discord rooms when you set up, and above all don't be obnoxious about it. Over time you'll generate a bigger and bigger audience. Talking about getting netgames running isn't going to do a whole lot; if you want to get netgames going, actually start some netgames.

Yes I do host and yes people join but what I'm pointing out is there's no match players its mainly coop also I guess we decided to do a tourney on weekends so meaning this weekend too I guess. I also don't have the srb2 discord room

Weekends would be great for everyone. I was thinking we give the server a special name so we all know what server it is.

"Competive [insertGamemodeHere]"

Weekends would be great for everyone. I was thinking we give the server a special name so we all know what server it is.

"Competive [insertGamemodeHere]"

I was just gonna make it Naxio's Server, but I guess I can do that.

So if this is actually a thing, will there be rules? Team limitations? Etc?

It will be match and ctf. Guess we can do vote on which we can do first. Rules are pretty simple, aimbot would be a warning then a ban, spamming is also not ok, other than that we can go on with our day. We will not be using wads or luas, but we can use them at somepoint for fun i guess. Teams for ctf are simple too, we just keep it balanced. The server limit is 20 so if we can have a 10v10 that will be fine but we'd most likely have like a 5v5 or something.

But at what time will it be hosted? Because you know, for example when there's daytime in America, there's night time in Moscow, and the other way around...

I think you know dang well there is no way we're getting a 10v10 lol.

Spamming isn't that annoying so no need to get mad over that, but with that aimbot lua going around, that has to be a rule set even though we still beat them anyways.

I mean if anyone could come up with some concrete rules and stuff I'm down.

But at what time will it be hosted? Because you know, for example when there's daytime in America, there's night time in Moscow, and the other way around...

I'll do it at 10 or 11AM CST and about the lua aimbot I've already stated. There isn't much rules nor do I want to have a lot of rules.

I mean if anyone could come up with some concrete rules and stuff I'm down.

These rules i use in my servers

for Match
7 mins is a good max time-limit and cycles though the maps at a nice pace
I wouldn't make a point limit since the time limit sorta balances it

for CTF
10-15 mins max time-limit and 5 for the point limit
Now some will disagree that a time-limit isnt 'fun' or 'fair' in CTF but you need a time-limit or people will be on the same map for ages an thus losing appeal

These rules i use in my servers

for Match
7 mins is a good max time-limit and cycles though the maps at a nice pace
I wouldn't make a point limit since the time limit sorta balances it

for CTF
10-15 mins max time-limit and 5 for the point limit
Now some will disagree that a time-limit isnt 'fun' or 'fair' in CTF but you need a time-limit or people will be on the same map for ages an thus losing appeal

Time limit in ctf is just no for me, but I understand what your but, timelimits in ctf is just ehhhh feels bad feels better to make that comeback.

To be fair, a 10-15 minute long time limit is insanely generous. I personally play with about half of that because 10 minute long matches is when you start losing people (including me :V).

Time limit probably wouldn't be that bad if it had a countdown letting you know how much time you have left, honestly.

To be fair, a 10-15 minute long time limit is insanely generous. I personally play with about half of that because 10 minute long matches is when you start losing people (including me :V).

Time limit probably wouldn't be that bad if it had a countdown letting you know how much time you have left, honestly.

Honestly I like long ctf games, but main reason why I don't want a timelimit is cause nowadays ctf games are short and fast

Had a CTF match on my server the other day. 2 v 2. It ended with a 1-1 score, as the time limit (that I had set of 10 minutes) had run out. So CTF matches can, once in a while, be very intense.

I remember those glory days. I used to have so much fun hopung on and playing match games and hell even some intense tag matches because everybody was so good at this game without wads. Now in days you can't even get on a server without mods and it's not the best thing in the world. Honestly miss the old srb with race maps and all that

I started srb2 in 1.09.4, I did start off with coop but honestly that got extremely boring until i found out about match I loved it and playing against other players that was good. By good I mean really good, examples Jr Jaice Horizonfall AceZX Melly Kitoko VenusStar and much more. But what I'm really trying to say is how match lasted a very long time but in 2.1 there's legit mainly coop or tag servers filled with wads or something. Will there ever be another time where we have a ton of good players that can just body everyone or have the times of match and ctf actually ended.

Wowzers. It feels good to have someone mention your name after you have quit the game so long ago!

I say some competitive events at weekends won't hurt :).

I completely agree! I look forward to the day I can play this game again, and I hope the high-level of play in Match/Capture the Flag is just as satisfying as it used to be when I played.

Although.. I am pretty sure I am a rusty old gear now. I haven't touched an FPS in years and nowadays I just play fighting games with my grandma reaction time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back