Team Fortress 2 update thread. No hatin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting rid of crates? If only. They're not even worth a spare weapon anymore, they're that worthless. We could use a recipe to smelt them into metal... especially considering how expensive these new weapons are, in terms of metal.

lol, I wonder how long it'll be before Valve patches that away.

I highly doubt they will.

It's actually rather useless, considering the GRU's reduced damage plus the damage you take while wearing it.

I'd hardly call a guarantee of 43 damage "nullifying" anything.

Considering how the heavy's fists do more damage without mini-crits...

Still, sure beats 33 damage. I get plenty of kills with the combo. Same can be said for pretty much any Heavy Melee, though.

I got a Backbiter's Billycock and a Stout Shako so far from drops. I've only ever had one other hat drop EVER, so yeah. They definitely increased the hat drop rate.

I recall getting 4-5 hats in two weeks a few weeks back. Whoopee Cap, Demo's Fro, Dr's Dapper Topper, Napper's Respite, Soldier's Stash. Still have all of them, even painted the Fro yellow (so deliciously tacky).

I'll be idling later. Should've been idling while I was at work, but, well, whoops! Forgot to.

It was funny, I gave away a Natascha, Tribalman's Shiv and Southern Hospitality to someone who only just started playing TF2, and my next drop was Australium Gold. I consider that very lucky. :D

This is my final haul from this double-drop week. Much better showing than last week's, even if there are no hats. I think this leaves just the Candy Cane as one of the Australian Christmas non-set-items that I lack.

Actually, I lack ANY of the Australian Christmas set items, including ones that are actually worth looking into like some of the set weapons I want, like the Medic bow or the Ullapool Caber. (Just realized I actually have an Amputator, so it's not all bad.)

As long as was necessary to reach my drop limit, of course.

Now I'm getting at least ten items this week, and it doesn't look like I've reached the limit yet.

The only thing I dislike about the new item system is how it still encourages to play the game constantly for items. I was hoping that the trade system worked something like Runescape's Grand Exchange; in that you could bid and auction items so that neither of you have to be online at the same time.

Add that and keep the Friend-Code like system that's here now(where you have to know their steam ID or be in the same server) and I'm set.

...having a consistent, persistent and easy-to-remember Steam ID across all games owned is nothing like random, difficult-to-remember Friend Codes that change for every single damn game.

2qvyy69.jpg

GOTTA MOVE THAT GEAR UP

And this wasn't even the full extent of it; the screenshot was taken about 2 minutes after several Spies and an ÜberCharged Demoman(who was suspended a good 15 feet in the air) blew up most of their stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back