Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well with the few textures I've used I've made this:
srb20006.png

I still need to make more textures to add variety, and make more of the level. =P

Plus fix that one texture.

...nobody's seen FuriousFox around for a while, have they?

I mean, if FF isn't back by the start of the next OLDC voting, then who'll be the contest hoster instead?

Wouldn't it be depressing if he had died? I mean, none of us would ever know, it'd just be like he disappeared... Forever.

As for my map, it won't be long until its done, if I can iron out the lag problem quicksand causes...

I have no idea why nobody changed them yet. Any admin could do it. Inu, Cue, Mystic, ShadowHog, Sonict, Alam and Logan. I don't think it takes more than five minutes to correct the user titles so that the winners of last contest get some recognition before the next one starts.

Well hopefully the previous OLDC will be resolved soon. Anywho I've finished a bit more of HHZ and add a few more textures although I still need more.

srb20009m.png

A 2D part!
srb20010m.png

I don't think it takes more than five minutes to correct the user titles so that the winners of last contest get some recognition before the next one starts.

Im beginning to think why haven't they, considering how many admins there are and what a simple task it is to do. I want a gold user title with the gold cups on each end. :<

As for FuriousFox, I have no idea why he hasn't been on in such a while. Computer died and is getting frustrated to buy a new one? The one post where someone said he died seemed reasonable. It would be sad though. Other than those, I see no reason to why he hasn't been online probably knowing that the contest has been quite over for like a month now. It's starting to get ridicuous.

And Rei,... the wall texture your using in your map kind of hurts my eyes by simply just looking at it, and it looks awkward. Maybe because of the invert-shading thing you have going on in the tiles. And this is also referred to the flats that uses it.

I have a contest level for match, Its called Cloud Crazy and will be a level with NAGZ textures with clouds that are actually just water with a white texture and flat. But I can't do it until I get a new mouse because its crapped up!

Since I announced its existence, I've cleaned up Damp Campus a fair amount and resubmitted it a few times, as well as having a couple of people look it over (though it hasn't been tested in a full CTF round as far as I know). I'm excited to see what else this contest has to offer!

My level is coming along really fast now that I solved the lag problem with the mud. It involved getting rid of my two beautiful snowcap nimbus-esque bridges. :(
I'm hesitant to post pictures, because I kind of want it to be a surprise. It's a WHOLE lot better than Gravity Garden, I think all of you will be pretty impressed.

O_O Is that a fortress in the clouds Katmint? That has the potential to be really cool! I was thinking of doing something like that, but I had different ideas...

Well well this contest seem to be getting better and better. About half a month 'tll the deadline's done, no? That's still quite a bunch of time for more cool maps to come in. Also Chary, I really hope you took my advice about stuff, and added loads of visualy beautiful stuff.

Out of curiosity, is anyone else doing a single player map for this contest? I see some match and race, but... other than that one KOTE is doing (I don't know what gametype that one is). I didn't see any other single player levels.

Anyway, mine might make it in time for this contest. Maybe. If not, it'll be in the Mar-Apr one. It's been a good while since I've actually released something new, so I'm excited to see what kind of competition I wind up in.

Good luck to those attempting to finish their wads in time!

Oh, that level of Sperallic's is single player?
I assumed it was match or something I don't know why.
(I don't really have a good idea of the difference based on opinion, since I tend to do only single player stuff with this game.)

Anyway, cool, it should be a nice contest then. I'm eager to try the new stages.

Also Chary, I really hope you took my advice about stuff, and added loads of visualy beautiful stuff.

When I said the map was a beta, Metal, I meant it. Maybe I should of said Alpha. I still have a LOT planned for it, and It'll be very much fuller once I'm done. Heck, if all goes well, I can see it easily winning. I actually have ideas this time, I'm not just randomly placing scenery around like I was in Gravity Garden. And yes, I will put a mushroom in there. One. Just for you.

Now, the question is, will you be able to find it? >:D

Speaking of single player levels, what ever happened to the single player level Callum was working on? I expected it to be in the last oldc, but it wasn't...

Oh, and WOW, I have the most original idea for a match map EVER for next contest!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back