Don't remove srb2dd!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DirectDraw is a deprecated API that used to be a part of Microsoft's DirectX API.

You can complain all you want, but there is no way anyone here is going to spend the time and effort trying to keep the DirectDraw executable working when Microsoft doesn't support it anymore and every update to Windows and/or DirectX further breaks it. If we kept focusing on DirectDraw, we're going to have a game that's virtually unplayable by everyone in two or three years.

Instead, we're going to do the obvious -- remove the DirectDraw code from future versions, and focus solely on improving SDL2's performance.

Last edited:
犬夜叉;779376 said:
You can complain all you want, but there is no way anyone here is going to spend the time and effort trying to keep the DirectDraw executable working when Microsoft doesn't support it anymore and every update to Windows and/or DirectX further breaks it. If we kept focusing on DirectDraw, we're going to have a game that's virtually unplayable by everyone in two or three years.

Instead, we're going to do the obvious -- remove the DirectDraw code from future versions, and focus solely on improving SDL2's performance.

Wait, so that means SDL2 will have DirectDraw's Smooth Frames?

just please do it...

犬夜叉;779376 said:
Instead, we're going to do the obvious -- remove the DirectDraw code from future versions
just please, it crashed my PC once when i opened it.

Because DD is broken in modern Windows, we can't fix it (because it's depreciation on Microsoft's end), and it's a license violation we also can't fix.

If you want to play SRB2 2.2 and have issues with the SDL2 version of the game, I recommend you start helping us debug them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back