What are some good PSP games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH, the only thing I knew was that it was not PSP exclusive... Ratchet and Clank is cool, but its hardly enough on its own to bring my attention to a console I'll probably not be able to afford for a long time. My brother is more of a PC gamer (big fan of COD4 and BF2142 but not of games like TF2 and HL2) so he doesn't really pursue much interest in the PSP either, making Christmas shopping for him very difficult. (not to mention the list of PSP games doesn't ever grow... D= )

I played Super Mario War in the computer, but never in the PSP because of some "errors", and I can say it's a great game. So might as well go play it.

JEV3 said:
I don't think I fit the kind of appeal the PSP targets, so I've never found many games I care for myself... however someone brought up Sonic Rivals, and I've played the second one. I would like to note that you aren't going to get much out of the game if none of your friends have the game, because singleplayer gets tedious after a while especially because (aside from that stupidly overpowered ESP move and the stupidly underpowered tails flight) there is no difference between characters and the dialogue is seldom worth playing for.

The fact that it does not have infrastructure makes it even more problematic, because it seems to me like it would be a terrific game to play with a friend, but unless your friend has a PSP, you can't play the battle stages, and unless your friend has their own copy of the game you can't play races.

I can heartily recommend Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters as quite a decent hack-n-slash/platformer hybrid, but I think I've heard that it is also on the PS3. I've heard some great things about Daxter, but haven't tried it... I can also say that I've not had a very good experience with FPS games due to the small camera. Battlefront is only good for singleplayer (imo) because its lock-on system is abused to no end in multiplayer, making it almost harder to get into than Prime: Hunters (and definitely feels more cheap).

JEV, it is more akin to a platformer with guns. Think Contra, but with the difficulty and lack of fairness at the end, not the beginning.

I'd recommend The King of Fighters-Regulation A, Warriors Orochi, Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, Tekken Dark Ressurection, Monster Hunter Freedom 2, and Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core.

Ash Crimson said:
I'd recommend The King of Fighters-Regulation A, Warriors Orochi, Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, Tekken Dark Ressurection, Monster Hunter Freedom 2, and Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core.

Crisis core? Definently a must have for a RPG player.

SRB2_PSP.PNG

Oh, look at that...

A good PSP game will be Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. Too bad it won't come for another x months.

glaber said:
Mega man Powered Up. Got to love the level builder.
agreed i dont have the game itself but my friend let me try it was amazing making your own level and i really liked playing as the robot masters and Roll (for some reason.).

Another good game would be Megaman X maverick hunter which i love playing as Vile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back