Emblem Hunt Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

furythehog

The Emblem Guy!
So im scraping the bottom of the proverbial barrel at the moment for emblems im missing, and im left with the ones that confuse me somewhat now, so im just gonna ask away for some advice with the ones im missing, and if somebody needs help on others, lemme know too, knowledge is power and all that.

CEZ2 Score Attack- 400000 points? is there any little treasure troves or something else lurking around that'll make that less... absurd...

Pipe Towers Score Attack- Same thing, im just always coming up short by like 20,000 even if I kill every enemy, grab as many coins as I can (over 400) its just not enough.

Azure Temple pretty much everything- The emblem hints here are... unhelpful... I have the purple spade and I know about the green club, but the other three, the hints don't actually help, like the one for the blue buzz area, I went there and my emblem radar didn't get off of the blue. or the one for the corner, I found the corner with the different texture, but even knuckles doesn't bust it...

I won't mark spoilers because, well, you asked for it.

CEZ2 Score Attack- 400000 points? is there any little treasure troves or something else lurking around that'll make that less... absurd...
There's a room with a LOT of enemies in this level. Bring an Armageddon Shield in there and blast them all.

Pipe Towers Score Attack- Same thing, im just always coming up short by like 20,000 even if I kill every enemy, grab as many coins as I can (over 400) its just not enough.
There are three 10,000 point monitors in this level, find all of those and collect 450 rings and you're good to go. If you're slightly short of 450 rings (I know I was), there are also three 1,000 point monitors you can use.

Azure Temple pretty much everything- The emblem hints here are... unhelpful... I have the purple spade and I know about the green club, but the other three, the hints don't actually help, like the one for the blue buzz area, I went there and my emblem radar didn't get off of the blue. or the one for the corner, I found the corner with the different texture, but even knuckles doesn't bust it...

• Star: Maybe you're not in the right area, because it's very straightforward what you have to do when you see the tunnel: Just fly to the end of it.
  • Hearts: It's in one of the outside areas, if that helps.
  • Diamonds: You don't need to bust a wall, there's a fan that gets you up into the secret area.

That's not the room the "diagonal fire" hint is referring to. To be honest, that is a shit hint, because there are a lot of rooms where gargoyles actually fire diagonally up or down and it's in none of those.

Which is why I've been seeking some better help here, because the hints have led to scavenge blindly for 15 minutes, only to leave empty handed, combined with how annoying I find ATZ in general, it's really demotivating.

I liked it better when the third hint was "Next to Yukari-sama's Mystic Temple."

I guess I have more patience than most, since I spent two whole days doing nothing but looking for emblems in CEZ2, along with a third day in ATZ, all without emblem radar or hints. It helped that I already knew of two likely candidates from the OLDC version, but the Tails gauntlet definitely threw me for a loop. I had no idea that was there!

The emblem guide for the regular stages are done :3 (Excluding guides for rings, time, and score... but those aren't TOO hard to do...) I'll get to the other stages soon I guess. Hopefully the explanations me and others put are good enough to help find them. (Took me ages to find the one in DSZ1 and RVZ without the radar)

Spiritcrusher pointed out part of it, but there's also an invincibility box in the stage, which you can chain up to 10K off of Goombas thanks to the level using Mario score chaining.

Speaking of the Star emblem in ATZ, does anyone have any advice or hints for that, or do I just have to tough it out? I can't count the amount of Game Overs I've gotten trying to get through that damn hallway.

Well guys, i've got every emblem in ATZ now bar time attack (if you ask me to do score and ring again, I will punch you in the face, then I will get you a new face, then punch that face, in the face) so I guess im just gonna have to work out how one gets through ATZ in 4:00 whilst dealing with the wonders of water resistance.

Unknownlight, a BIG help for the star emblem is pack the Armageddon shield and detonate it on the second platform in, before the long straight hallway, not only is this useful for netting over 100,000 points in record attack, but it'll clean up the corridor nicely too.

Also, mario chaining is different? thats news to me.

Enemy chaining in Pipe Towers gives you points like in Mario: 100, 200, 400, 800, 1000, 2000, 4000, 8000, and 1-Ups after that. In record attack, the 1-Ups are replaced with 10000 points each.

so I guess im just gonna have to work out how one gets through ATZ in 4:00 whilst dealing with the wonders of water resistance.
Tails and lots of spindash-flying. Plus, you know, being crazy efficient at going through those fire gauntlets.

Yeah... I had a feeling ATZ would be the thing stopping me from having 160 emblems... so far I'm at 155 which i'd say is still not too shabby. Need CEZ2 score and ring (haven't tried them since I started this thread)
Pipe Towers score (I'm in the process of just digging up those 10000 point monitors for the time being)
ATZ time (Yeah... since I've spent all day today in that level, I think that can wait for a bit...)
and SS8 A rank (just couldn't be bothered really. I'll do it sometime, don't need any real help here, Rob's double loop is a pretty good guide)

Speaking of the Star emblem in ATZ, does anyone have any advice or hints for that, or do I just have to tough it out? I can't count the amount of Game Overs I've gotten trying to get through that damn hallway.
Elemental and Armageddon Shields are your best friends. If you deploy the Armageddon at a strategic location, you can wipe out a lot of Buzzes at once, making the challenge easier and giving you a bunch more lives to burn through. Remember that an Armageddon blast kills all enemies within a fixed radius and doesn't care about walls.

Meanwhile, Elemental is also useful because not only does it allow you to breathe underwater, but it also prevents you from breathing in air bubbles. This can prevent otherwise certain death in some situations by allowing you to kill the Buzz on contact without helplessly falling into a pit afterwards. Both shields are available before this segment.

You can also cheat and bring Knuckles to this area if you're clever.

So I'm in Deep Sea act 2 and there is a emblem where tails' old emblem used to be. The problem is I can't see at all so how can I tell when I'm far enough back to get it.

Dark Knight: If you can't see the emblem because it's too dark in there, turn up your brightness, if that doesn't help or you can't for whatever reason, remember it's pretty much dead in the middle of the current, so just try to stay as close to the middle as possible.

Also, in some rather positive news for me, im at 159/160 emblems, I forgot all about the meeting room in CEZ2, that 400,000 points as really easy with that.

The one I'm currently missing is Black Hole's A rank emblem. I'm SO glad I'm done with Azure Temple, its the only level in 2.1 that I truly hate.

2z52gdu.png

I know this is a double post but, guess i'm done until some good SP wads come out...

I just wanna say thanks to those who helped me out with ones that baffled me, spiritcrusher im looking at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back