• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic Classics Blast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eryn

エリンちゃん
This is a project to recreate the Sonic 2 levels in SRB2. This is actually kinda possible now that people are working on tangible slopes, and there's a way to fake a loop. This is very incomplete right now. I have....what, maybe 1/5 of EHZ1 done. But meh. I'll keep this topic here for new releases. Here's a title screen and 1/5 of a level:
Update: Version 1.02. Added: A fixed title screen, title music, (Thanks, Dark Archon)music, all levels added. Added as in not begun, but I have a thok barrier and MAINCFG part for them. So, yeah. Lots of new stuff.
Download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/mtm230

Screenies:
srb200001qi.png

Title screen. Sexy, no?

srb200015af.png

Image of EHZ1

srb200021dz.png

EHZ1. Again.

Theres isn't really much point to remaking Sonic 2 with an enigne that can't do slopes, so your just kind of wasting your time...

Re: Sonic Classics Blast (Screenshots added)

Roboashura said:
This is actually kinda possible now that people are working on tangible slopes, and there's a way to fake a loop.

who ever said this was using slopes? you can fake a loop pretty easily :p

but I'm not sure how the hell he's gonna do Chemical Plant Zone...

Why should I do Hidden Palace? It's like, incomplete and such.

>_> Hidden Palace is incomplete. IIRC, the only complete version was completed by an experienced fan.

If there's one problem I see with this, it's that good 2D levels generally need to have lots of FOFs, which can become tedious to work on after a while.

Not in SRB2DB! I can see the FOFs now. :D Also, I can fake CP. I can fake things like axis changes. Movement may be a problem, though.

On the new Beta, I got a Segment Violation at the title screen, and on EHZ1, isn't there supposed to be a waterfall at the bridge?

ehz11rv.jpg

BTW Roboashura, check your PMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back