Even More 2.1 Preview Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monitors.png

Enlighten me devs, are those poof sprites on the bottom row still used? They seriously don't work for them, and just look incredibly dated and awful. I have >new sprites in this set of the 2.1 monitors I put together for standalone use<, which changes the default monitor poof sprites to more fitting and presentable ones, as well as making the flicker on monitors a lot less slower because holy fuck is the static at that speed annoying on a monitor so large (and actually seriously impacts the game in multiplayer, being so distracting). I know the devteam hates suggestions on its sprites being dated, but I already did the work for you. I believe it also had Team Monitor colors, but I dunno if you settled on a palette for those already.

Also, will the Speed Shoe still have the modern look to it? I know Sonic always had the buckle in promo art, but the old shoe (and Sonic's shoe in the game right now) lack the white sole and are pointier. Given that it's a single frame, it couldn't be THAT difficult to change, would it?

Last edited:
So much stuff in so little time.

Why don't you devs do this kind of massive info release more often? It's awesome and heart-pumping.

Why don't you devs do this kind of massive info release more often? It's awesome and heart-pumping.
Well, before you can do a massive info release, you first need to amass some info to release. ;)

But as we get closer to a release of 2.1, I expect these updates to be a bit more frequent than they used to be.

SRB2 2.1: Now with less ugly-ass-fucking-grey-CEZ-bricks!

Liking the new tan tint. Seriously looks much better, I hope it's not act specific or something.

Maybe you already know this, but CEZ having brown brick textures goes back as far as the June 2011 update. It's not new information.

I took notice for a long time already. I thought it was only restricted to the library area though, I only just realized its being used in every screenshot now.

Also the random kanji thing just needs to be replaced with a star, or a tiny "100". Seriously, no one will get that outside of a small audience, and other two represent points much better if you're scavenging for ideas of what to fit in there.

Last edited:
Say, its been a while since I've heard anything about final fight zone. Is it scrapped? I sure hope not, cause i would like to see a super sonic boss battle incorporated to the actual game (meaning not mystic realm or another modification)

Say, its been a while since I've heard anything about final fight zone. Is it scrapped?
It was never confirmed to actually exist. The only reason people thought it would be a thing is because it's listed in 2.0's MAINCFG, which is not a particularly good indicator of the dev team's plans.

Oh, that's even less of a reason, considering that soundtrack still has Mine Maze and Rocky Mountain in it.

Well, of course not. But my point was, I don't associate any symbol with score, since for the games that bothered to keep it, either no symbol was ever used, or the word "SCORE" was. This kanji's as good as anything.

And a star wouldn't work because we're already using a star for another emblem entirely. This also kinda rules out bumpers, which similarly use stars.

Just make it "score". A star, or anything else will just be plain confusing. Especially for new comers. Also, do that thing with the final zone,
There are several things that people see that convice them. Even fan made stuff... Even though this is a fan game...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is3UYn1r8Zw

As well as the wiki page, which originally they said they were, now they changed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back