Awesome weekend deal for the "Orange Box"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonict

Basically, the "Orange Box" is a group of games bought as a package and it has 6 games in it:

1) Half-Life 2
2) Half-Life 2: Episode 1
3) Half-Life 2: Episode 2
4) Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
5) Portal
6) Team Fortress 2

It is going for 66% off for this weekend which means it costs $9.99 on steam. For anyone here who hasn't bought it yet, you should do so now. There is no way you should avoid this deal. There is hours upon hours of replay value and fun with this.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/2443/

I bought TOB when it came out. Either way, there is just no other deal out there that has some very great games for a price like this.

That's $2.00 per game. That's the best deal that I've seen since they sold Half-Life 1 for $0.99.

I got Steam for the purpose of installing Braid, and came just in time to download Tomb Raider Anniversary for five bucks, afterward I got Braid, got a couple Sonic games at Gamestop for 50% off, and now The Orange Box is on a 66% off discount....

Ah, Steam. I hated it when I bought a special edition of Half Life 1, as I used to play it online for Sven-Coop only. I still remember calling it STEAMing Pile Of Shit. I haven't touched Steam in ages after that.

I already have the Orange Box, though. I got it in Gamestop for the Xbox 360, for only 20 bucks. I actually thought they reduced the price rather quickly. The only reason why I got it for the 360 is because of its Achievements. There is absolutely no point in playing Episode 1 with only one bullet shot, or Episode 2 while carrying a garden gnome through the entire game, without getting yourself a reward for doing so. That's what Achievements are for.

Sonict said:
4) Half-Life 2: Lost Coast

Well, I don't remember seeing Half-Life 2: Lost Coast in the Orange Box, is it like an updated version of The Orange Box or something? (By updated, I mean the number the games got extended from five games, to six games)

Well, anyway, I got The Orange Box for the PS3 for Christmas two years ago, and It was good, I'm almost there into finishing portal, and I'll get back to HL2 when I finish Portal.

I just got this (or rather, it was gifted to me and I gave an IOU in return since i had no money on my Paypal) even though my computer cannot run it. However, I'm getting a new one soon, and this deal is too good to pass up anyway.

All the achievements from the 360 version are also present in the steam version. And Jurai, the PS3 and 360 versions lack Half life 2: Lost Coast.

Now I feel bad for buying the orange box for thirty dollars a week or so ago...

Orangelink said:
All the achievements from the 360 version are also present in the steam version.

Except for Half-Life 2 and Half-Life 2: Episode 1, which were released before Steam got Achievements added to the API. On the other hand, there's a whole slew of class-based achievements in TF2 that are only for the PC (for four of the classes so far, class updates come out occasionally). But to be honest, TF2 in general tends to be better on PC, partly because the classes seem to have been designed with keyboard + mouse in mind (I can't imagine how a Scout player would be able to use gamepad and aim decently).

The 360 Orange Box was a waste of money, I found, once you buy the PC version which has all the stuff for Gmod stuff, it kinda beats the 360 one into the ground.

£5~ for Orange Box, awesome. :D

You kids and your $10 Orange Box!

I remember buying mine for five times that amount!

Eh? We got about 15 players on that server yesterday. So yes, it does get traffic now and then.

I'm not sure which version I should get, is Half life 2:Episode 1 an expansion or totally different game to Half Life 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back