My new laptop has arrived! (Pictures inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonict

My brand new laptop has arrived! I ordered it on Oct 19th and it arrived yesterday. I picked it up and opened it up. I did the usual setup thing and all I need to do now is clean up the laptop.

The specifications of this laptop: (Yes, Dell actually makes very good high end laptops)

XPS M1710:

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T7200 (2GHz/667MHz/4MB)

Operating System:
Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005

LCD Panel:
17 inch UltraSharp™ Wide Screen UXGA Display with TrueLife™

Memory:
1GB DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHZ, 2 DIMMs

Hard Drive:
120GB SATA Hard Drive 120GB

CD/DVD Burner Options:
8X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability

Batteries:
80 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery

Video Card:
512MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7950 GTX

Sound Options:
Integrated Audio

Network Card and Modem:
Integrated 10/100/1000 Network Card and Modem

Future Operating Systems:
Windows Vista™ Capable

Wireless Networking Cards:
Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 802.11a/g Mini Card (54Mbps)

Office Productivity Software:
No productivity suite- Includes Microsoft Works 8. DOES NOT INCLUDE MS WORD

Security Software:
McAfee Security Center w/ VirusScan, Firewall and Privacy, 90-day trial

Digital Imaging:
Corel Photo Album™ 6 Starter Edition - Organize and Edit your photos

Adobe Software:
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 6.0

Hardware Support Services:
1 Yr Return to Depot Service with 1 Yr Tech Support

Carrying Cases:
XPS Notebook Backpack

As you can see, this is an awesome laptop. It has the best graphic card available from nvidia. ATI's solution doesn't even come close. The native resolution of the screen is "1920 x 1200" widescreen. (A multiple of "640 x 400")

Here are the pictures of this beast: (click on them to see them full size, Warning: each picture is 1 Mb!)

I will start from the upper left picture and move to the right then drop down and do the same thing.

1) The boxes that it came in. The long box contains a backpack and the square one contains the laptop and assesories.

2) What was inside the square box. The close one contains the laptop, the other contains the manuals, etc...

3) Picture of the backpack.

4) Picture of all of the software and stuff.

5) A picture of the laptop in the closed position.

6) A picture of the laptop in the open position.

7) The laptop in action. The screen looks like crap from the picture, but it looks great. You can also see led's that I can actually change the colours of.

EDIT:

There is the screen shot of the laptop on mIRC.

This laptop will be awesome for me as I can upgrade the graphics card, cpu, ram, hdd, and change the led lights to show a different colour. This laptop even has a sub woofer in it! The BIOS in this thing contains many options compared to other laptops.

You can see a review of this laptop with other pictures here : http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2887&review=Dell+XPS+M1710

This laptop was a great deal for me. $2499cdn with a free $450cdn graphic card upgrade from a dedicated 256MB geforcego 7900gs to a dedicated 512MB geforcego 7950GTX!

Discuss!

Sonict

Alright, I'll have to admit it - that seems like a genuinely nice computer there. I mean, dual core processors, a whole gig of RAM, a GeForce 7950 GTX - must've cost you a fair amount, but one way or another, you're pretty much ready for anything they throw at you (except DirectX 10, but never mind that).

HE MEANS CAPS LOCK LIKE THIS, SEE?

Bigboi wasn't using it in normal context, so you can pretty much not bother him anymore.

Yeah, especially on a laptop monitor. Heh, my (somewhat old) laptop's monitor is somewhat big, and it has a native resolution of 1024x768, and its graphics still appear to be somewhat small in scale.

I COULD sell you a desktop that virtually matches up to the medium-high end Alienware for $500 less, even with the Alienware's rebate factored in...

But I'll need something around $2,350...

Damn.
I got a used dell laptop recently off ebay (please dont sue me corporate america) for £180 (about $250 i think.)
And.. well... it kinda sucks.

You really do get what you pay for.
(srb2 is a special case though)
It doesnt run open gl and the framerate sucks on dark palisades zone.
The cd drive only works 1/3 of the time and it refuses to boot if the cd drive isn't unplugged.
It only had 1 usb socket so i couldnt play srb2 with the joypad online until i bought a usb hub.

So baisically what i'm saying is to watch your @$$ if you're buying things that seem at too low a price to be true.

Conficuous say, "Crowded elevator, smell different to midget."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back