• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

The Main Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people always ask that? Do they think this game was made with Klik & Play or something?

Yes, FoxBlitz. I think most people think programming is on some magically higher field that only professional game developers can do, or something like that. They see "fangame" and they wonder how the hell we got TGF to do this =P

Actually, it'd take some work, but applications like Game Maker 6.1 and MMF could easily do better than SRB2 graphics-wise, it's just the gameplay that kicks ass in the game.

That's partly because SRB2 needs more sprites. For a 2D game to have exactly the same animations as SRB2, they would need 34 (if mirroring is used a la SRB2) frames for Sonic alone. SRB2 needs over 100 more frames and that's including mirroring.

I don't think that most people even realise that programming is done by writing code rather than a graphic interface.
Though his question raises one I'd like to ask, what compiler does SSN use anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back