Smb1 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CasualNick

This is a port of SMB1 1-1 to SRB2. I used a SMB1 Level Editor to port this level. The secret pipe doesn't take you underground and the flag at the end isn't animated.

Attachments

• srb20018.png
    srb20018.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 883
  • srb20017.png
    srb20017.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 670
  • srb20019.png
    srb20019.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 617
  • srb20020.png
    srb20020.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 599
  • srb20021.png
    srb20021.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 637
  • SMB1 1-1.zip
    27.3 KB · Views: 748
Last edited:
This has a lot of work to be done. let me name some of the problems I found while playing.
1) I can see the sky below the ground.
srb20022.jpg
2) The pipes are squares.
srb20023.jpg
3) The flagpole doesn't award you points depending on how high you get up the flagpole.
4) You can't even grab the flagpole.
5) And the flag is messed up.
srb20024.jpg
I hope I was some help, I can't wait too see what you will make next.

@Wizeman: How on earth do you grab horizontally in srb2? You'd have to use an alternative.

1) Maybe you should add things in the background to make it seem more lively because srb2's 2d is well 3d shown, you might need to include more features to avoid it being bland.
2) You can make the flag look animated by using "appearing/disappering fof" linedefs, I could pm you an example of how because it might be a bit confusing if I explain it.
3) Making the player go down pipes can be done by scripting or coding. Try scripting if possible; make a script that can call a linedef that is tagged to the pipe sector (the bit you fall in) the linedef should be something that lowers the fof (the fof should be the black part in the pipe). You can put an invisible and intangible fof that has the teleport linedef applied to it.
4) Add coins to the level, they're there for a reason.
5) It looks like your trying to copy the real mario brothers game so I suggest you put a star instead a flower as seen in this photo:
iel7yp.png

EDIT: Hey Wizeman I can't view you images, I'm not sure if it's just me but this is just a heads up.

Last edited:
@Wizeman: How on earth do you grab horizontally in srb2? You'd have to use an alternative.
He has already done it HERE in SRB2 Smash Bros. Also,
2) You can make the flag look animated by using "appearing/disappering fof" linedefs, I could pm you an example of how because it might be a bit confusing if I explain it.
or you could simply add a linedef to the flagpole, slap an animated flag texture on it and raise the texture to the proper height of the flagpole.

Last edited:
I tested this map and found a fun bug. You can thok next to flag pole without getting into the goal. =D It would be easy to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back