The Legend of Korra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do control fire because I have a Pyraz Chao! Big deal! Let Aang bend whateva he wants. Then, I like Avatar series. They r cool, but for going on with this, Aang must also be in the story. You guys must remember that all the characters shown on the episodes never appeared only in one episode.

Last edited:
The reason why it is a female, is because the Avatars have always been Male, Female, Male, Female.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

I do control fire because I have a Pyraz Chao! Big deal! Let hAang bend whateva he wants. Then, I like Avatar series. They r cool, but for going on with this, Aang must also be in the story. You guys must remember that all the characters shown on the episodes never appeared only in one episode.

Aang is dead.

Yeah, Aang is dead. When an Avatar dies, he or she is reincarnated into the next nation in the Avatar Cycle. In order to get Korra, Aang has to die first. When Avatar Roku died next to the volcano, they showed Aang being born. And just like Roku and Aang, Korra will be able to talk to Aang eventually to get some wisdom.

Wow, it's been so long since I gave that series any thought. I kinda lost interest halfway through and never watched the end (though I have heard snippets of what happened). That said, this could be interesting. I was wondering how they were intending to continue making money off this series once it ended, and here's my answer.

The reason why it is a female, is because the Avatars have always been Male, Female, Male, Female.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the avatar's sex is not a part of the cycle. You see, there are four elements; that's an even number. So if the avatar always switched male, female, male, female consistently, then airbenders would always be male, waterbenders female, earth male, fire female.

And as pointed out already, the avatar before Aang was a male firebender.

Yeah, Aang is dead. When an Avatar dies, he or she is reincarnated into the next nation in the Avatar Cycle. In order to get Korra, Aang has to die first. When Avatar Roku died next to the volcano, they showed Aang being born. And just like Roku and Aang, Korra will be able to talk to Aang eventually to get some wisdom.
I meant that.

There is a new update!
http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2011/03/08/the-last-airbender-legend-of-korra-the-creators-speak/?KEY
Nickelodeon had picked up “Korra” for 12 episodes but recently decided to order 14 more shows.
There will now be 26 episodes, almost half of what the original series lasted!

Cliffhanger in original Avatar
Will we find out what happened to Zuko’s mom?
DiMartino: That question will be answered in some way, but not necessarily in the show. That’s all I’ll say.
Oh, one more
We are in the midst of the first twelve episodes. We’ve written all the episodes. Episodes have shipped to the overseas animations studios and they’re animating away as we speak. So we’re kind of in the middle of things right now…All the vocal cast has been picked and recorded and all the scripts have been recorded.
I'm going to guess we'll see these episodes soon.

I've updated the first post due to user request.

So, have any of you watched the show? If you haven't, you should check it out. If you loved Avatar: The Last Airbender, you'll love this show too.

I like it, but I can't help but feel like they rushed it a tad. The pacing just feels waaay too fast (IMO) and we don't even have a chance to get familiar with the characters before we're supposed to like them. That said, it IS gonna be a great deal shorter than the original series, so I guess a quick pace is the best way to go.

But srsly, the characters. I just can't feel connected to them... Why??? D:

I like it, but I can't help but feel like they rushed it a tad. The pacing just feels waaay too fast (IMO) and we don't even have a chance to get familiar with the characters before we're supposed to like them. That said, it IS gonna be a great deal shorter than the original series, so I guess a quick pace is the best way to go.

But srsly, the characters. I just can't feel connected to them... Why??? D:

Because the first season is 12 episodes long. And, originally, that was going to be the entire show. The characterization was probably structured around that premise, so they're stuffing whatever characterization they can into a few episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back