Lost Worlds - VERSION 1.0 IS RELEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.
blargen said:
Sonict said:
SRB2MB Rules said:
11. Only give constructive criticism. There seem to be some questions about what constitutes constructive criticism around here, so please use these helpful examples:

* "This WAD is awful. Here's why: List" - Constructive. This clearly explains what is wrong with the WAD and even how it could be fixed.
* "This WAD is awful." - Not constructive. This doesn't explain anything about the WAD, and simply states a useless opinion. Keep this junk off the forum.
* "This WAD is awesome." - Not constructive. Just like the previous, this simply states a useless opinion. Mindless positive feedback is just as useless as mindless negative feedback.
* "You are awful." - Not constructive. This is a direct flame of another user, and is strictly forbidden on these forums.
The message in bold should explain why.
I cant help it. I have a silly personality. I try as much as I can to avoid it.

What the heck are you talking about? This mod is awesome!

I like is mod,it is pretty good, but in the ice level I got the emblem as Sonic and I only got 10 points (a.k.a The Nights emblem). Do you know how to make messages appear on the screen?(cecho) Because people won't figure out what to do when they get to the spin dash platforms in the lava stage.

Everything else is pretty good !

The first levels (Sapphire Coast, both acts) were okay for beginning levels. The sand level was a little more decent, but very short. The magma level was awesome. So was it's boss.

I liked this mod very much. Things I especially like-
-The Titlescreen
-The Springy-Shells
-Every non-boss level up to the Lava level
-Snowslides!
-A good way to replace AFALL*.
-Great (custom) bosses!
-Fire blaster turret.

However, there were a few flaws.
-Levels are quite short, unfortunatley.
-The snowman sprites have abrupt turning sprites- There is only a front, sides and back. SRB2 requires two (four?) more. However, it is very well SOCced.
-Sometimes I see situations without GFZGRASS or the Snow zone's variant. Please go back and doublecheck.
-The Lava level is very flawed. I play on Normal and I get a Game Over. It does have good elements, but requires a term I have coined, Impossible Platforming. This is where the progression of the level requires you to jump on a platform the other side of the room, or to a platform which is spring distance up.
-The Lava level is missing springs in Normal. How do I know it's only Normal? Other players- HARDER players, better players- have not reported this.
-Incomplete!

This is a very fun little level pack and I can't wait to see more from it.

7.8/10

Pros:
  • 1st Zone: Great! Like the level design. Like the look. Love the gimmick of the spring enemies taking you to secret areas. Perfect difficulty for first stage.
  • 3rd Zone: great difficulty for 3rd zone.
  • 4th Zone: Love the ice blocks. Great custom textures. SlopeRoll'd at the start.
  • 1.1 sprites. Yay.
  • Good custom enemies, textures and bosses.
  • Good level design.

Cons:
  • Inconsistent difficulty throughout mod. In my honest opinion, buzzes and red crawlas shouldn't start turning up until zone 3. Pop up turrets shouldn't appear until zone 4 or 5 or so. Detons i'm not sure, because they suck.
  • Later levels too short.
  • 4th Zone: Is this incomplete? I also don't really like the snow slides
  • 2nd Zone: Too hard for a 2nd zone. Way too many enemies. Pop-up turrets and Detons don't work here.
  • Sonic CDj boss theme. Good song in the game it's from, but it doesn't fit here.

Toaster said:
-The Titlescreen
-The Springy-Shells
-Snowslides!
-Great (custom) bosses!
-Fire blaster turret.

-The snowman sprites have abrupt turning sprites- There is only a front, sides and back. SRB2 requires two (four?) more. However, it is very well SOCced.
-Sometimes I see situations without GFZGRASS or the Snow zone's variant. Please go back and doublecheck.
-The Lava level is very flawed. I play on Normal and I get a Game Over. It does have good elements, but requires a term I have coined, Impossible Platforming. This is where the progression of the level requires you to jump on a platform the other side of the room, or to a platform which is spring distance up.
-The Lava level is missing springs in Normal. How do I know it's only Normal? Other players- HARDER players, better players- have not reported this.
-Incomplete!

7.8/10

The lava level has spin-to-rise platforms. Next release will fix this, by telling you what to do. That is why there are no springs.

The Snow-Egg's sprites are not done. Should be done by next release, however.

Some levels are short because they aren't done yet.

---------------------------------------------

Now then, some things to exspect in the next version.

- Redone Desert Sands act 1.
- Poisoned Factory act 2.
- Sunken Labyrinth act 1.
- Finished Frozen Hillside act 1.
- New enemies, and maybe a new boss.

I plan on a release sometime in May, before ME is released. If ME is released before it's done, I'll give you all what I have so far, then revamp it for ME, then release a v1.0-ME.

Toaster said:
-Incomplete!

7.8/10

Are you implying that the people who did not report this issue (the skilled players) played the level on Hard? If so, then I would like to say that I played the entire levelpack on the Normal difficulty and I didn't see this issue at all within the level...

Toaster said:
-The Titlescreen
-The Springy-Shells
-Snowslides!
-Great (custom) bosses!
-Fire blaster turret.

-Incomplete!

7.8/10

The bolded complaint is groundless. Every level can be passed somehow, without springs to boot.

This is quite possibly the best mod for SRB2. The levels are amazing and original. As well as the custom enemies and bosses, which were well-suited to their environment. And the boss strategies were amazing, especially the Magma Core boss.

:SonicMaster: said:
Blade, I think you need to create a CECHO message every time someone gets to that part in Magma Core.

I was thinging about making a "?" item that when walled over, will play the CECHO message once. That was, those that don't know how to use something gets help, and those that DO know how to use it don't get some message to block their view.

Chrome said:
Well, let me begin....

As far as Sapphire Coast goes, there is nothing too interesting about it, besides the custom enemy, that is, what do you call it? The spring on the turtle doesn't appear unless it is chasing after you. There were also a few places in act 2 that could have some more scenery.

I didn't like the desert level, the gameplay felt bland, and the level design felt pretty boring to be honest. As for the boss, it was a little too easy for my tastes, I suggest that you have him shoot as soon as he is vulrenable.

Poison Factory is imcomplete but the disign you have for it so far is pretty good, I was almost always moving. The boss map for this zone is way to big, maybe you could have rizing slime and barrels to jump on when its too high?

The main texture for Frozen Hillside is still an eye-strain, try making each design as big as 4 GFZ bricks. The custom enemies looked cool, but thier accuracy is pretty bad, and they don't shoot often, or pose much of a threat.

Magma Caver was my favorite, it kept me on my toes, and always had a surprize in the next area. You may have noticed this, but you can finish the level in the lava after it rizes, I fell in and thokked towards the end level sector and completed the level, lucky me. :P The boss was the best of the two custom ones, but it was really repetitive, nothing I can suggest to fix it however...

All in all, this is a really good pack of levels, imcomplete or not, nice job!

Wait, there's a level called Sapphire Coast?
You sir, have either stolen my idea or coincidentally conjured it up simultaneously O.o

PoisonUnagi said:
You sir, have either stolen my idea or coincidentally conjured it up simultaneously O.o

I think it's safe to assume that the solution is the latter of the two. Not very many people are thieves, and although I personally don't believe in coincidences, I do believe that this could be one.

PoisonUnagi said:
Chrome said:
Well, let me begin....

As far as Sapphire Coast goes, there is nothing too interesting about it, besides the custom enemy, that is, what do you call it? The spring on the turtle doesn't appear unless it is chasing after you. There were also a few places in act 2 that could have some more scenery.

I didn't like the desert level, the gameplay felt bland, and the level design felt pretty boring to be honest. As for the boss, it was a little too easy for my tastes, I suggest that you have him shoot as soon as he is vulrenable.

Poison Factory is imcomplete but the disign you have for it so far is pretty good, I was almost always moving. The boss map for this zone is way to big, maybe you could have rizing slime and barrels to jump on when its too high?

The main texture for Frozen Hillside is still an eye-strain, try making each design as big as 4 GFZ bricks. The custom enemies looked cool, but thier accuracy is pretty bad, and they don't shoot often, or pose much of a threat.

Magma Caver was my favorite, it kept me on my toes, and always had a surprize in the next area. You may have noticed this, but you can finish the level in the lava after it rizes, I fell in and thokked towards the end level sector and completed the level, lucky me. :P The boss was the best of the two custom ones, but it was really repetitive, nothing I can suggest to fix it however...

All in all, this is a really good pack of levels, imcomplete or not, nice job!

Funny thing is, When I entered Act 1 into the OLDC WAY back in January of 2008, SOmeone said the same thing.

And no, I didn't take the name from you, or anyone else.

Well, all these levels can pretty much be plowed through at full speed with little effort. I'm not saying that these are thokfests; no way is that what they are. However, it's so open that, while there are plenty of challenges, Sonic can maintain a very high speed through most of the levels, including Magma Core Zone (except the falling rocks part). I feel like there need to be some places where it subtly hits the brakes, you know?

Magma Core Zone Act 4 is way too slow. While the four buttons thing is neat, the whole boss needs to either 1) be able to be defeated in less hits, 2) have something different for the pinch, or 3) be both of the above.

By the way, Blade, your memory fails you. Sapphire Coast was entered in NovDec07.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back