Zone Builder : COLORMAP ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raze C

Average Circuit Enjoyer
FIRST I HAVE TO SAY THAT I HAVE ALREADY POSTED THAT,
BUT, IN SRB2 SKYBASE AND NO ONE REPLIED ME, SO I'M POSTING IT HERE ALSO, THE ERROR WERE FIXED ALREADY, BUT, I HAVE TO KNOW WHAT MADE IT HAPPEN

Hello, i'm getting some kind of error during making maps, it's with COLORMAP:

I was trying to make colormap in water sector and something have happened,
how can i explain... ehh such as an surreal BUG - The map got all COLORMAPPED with the same color of the water and it has created wierd thing like an FOF Water of nowhere and, yeah... there's no screenshot because i was horrified with that issue.

I've never got that issue, i made 2 maps with water sector and never got that issue.
So please, if you could help me with something manifest yourself with an reply!

INFORMATION :

-THE ISSUE OCURRED WHEN TESTING THE MAP BUT IN EDITOR IT WAS FINE
-THE MAP HAD AN FOF SECTOR BUT NOT WITH THE SAME TAG
-THERE IS NO PROOFS THAT THIS ISSUE SHOULD HAPPEN BECAUSE I GOT 0 ERRORS IN ERROR LOG or may the editor is bugged :p
-I ALSO TRIED RE-INSTALL

i'm not natively english or american so if there is an grammar mistake please tell me before ruining my life ;-;
sorry for that Rob :p

Last edited:
You might have forgot to set the colormap's tag, and at the time of running the map it was 0. And naturally, all sectors start with a tag of 0, so...

i didn't forget the TAGs, maybe this was an error direct from the editor :p

Then you gave it a tag of 65535?
It could be useful if you at least told us how did you fix the problem so we can find a cause, you know

Last edited:
Then you gave it a tag of 65535?
It could be useful if you at least told us how did you fix the problem so we can find a cause, you know
I'm not getting this error anymore. I think it happened because i did 2 actions in the same sector.
ewXwaag.png

and then COLORMAP:
ttZf3ZE.png

Last edited:
I'm not getting this error anymore. I think it happened because i did 2 actions in the same sector. -Images-
If you look at the bottom of the second image, you can see that the linedef's settings say "Tag: 0", meaning it affects all sectors tagged with the number 0, which is the default tag for sectors. Which means you did not set the tag correctly, exactly as RapidGame7 suggested/suspected.

If you look at the bottom of the second image, you can see that the linedef's settings say "Tag: 0", meaning it affects all sectors tagged with the number 0, which is the default tag for sectors. Which means you did not set the tag correctly, exactly as RapidGame7 suggested/suspected.
Oh, no.
It is an example image not the original MAP...
I've remade it already i'm just trying to see what cause this issue to don't get it again!
[LITTLE SPOILERS ABOUT MAPS] Also, another unknow issue:

kviyxUS.png

VUAvezt.png

SBBeLsS.png

Last edited:
You made a huge mistake in the second image, you are merging all the triangles by the vertices, making some FOF creation problems, just, separate the triangles. And to let you know, you are creating invisible FOFs, not sure if that's intentional or not. Was seeing the lava texture and, if your intention is to make lava, just use Linedef type 101, and if you want the lava hurts the player (logically), just read Damage (Fire) (Sector Type 3), and see the wad example.

Last edited:
You made a huge mistake in the second image, you are merging all the triangles by the vertices, making some FOF creation problems, just, separate the triangles. And to let you know, you are creating invisible FOFs, not sure if that's intentional or not. Was seeing the lava texture and, if your intention is to make lava, just use Linedef type 101, and if you want the lava hurts the player (logically), just read Damage (Fire) (Sector Type 3), and see the wad example.
ANOTHER MAP SPOILER
Oh! sorry, i didn't know this would cause errors... Thank you! I'll be fixing it.
About the lava... it is all fine '-'
-I tested it, it's working normally, the invisible FOF is for some impassable wall on my map, but anyway, thanks!-
Oh no, the lava texture is there because of this mistake of triangles
Another little thing the map was lagging so much, is that because of this mistake or just because it had some fan generator thingy that i put for decoration?
Also, the skybox floor scalling will affect when seeing it? Because, in my map it is almost stuck in ground:
96Rr0bj.png

F5KIHzG.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back