Fixed "Climb" the laser beam from ERZ2 mini-boss with Knuckles

Status
Not open for further replies.

MosaicMario

Possessed User Title
Actually you're not climbing the laser beam. You just hang on the laser beam for a brief moment and then fall off again.

NDE3M65.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
This GIF loads so well... how did you do that?!
Anyways, I was able to reproduce this, it should definetly be fixed because it allows you to glide trhough the area without worrying that much about the laser.

This GIF loads so well... how did you do that?!

I recorded in software render mode because OpenGL (the mode i prefer to play with) messes up my GIFs and saves them as aPNGs wich i canot open. Then I've upload it on imgur and copy the original GIF link.

Assuming the laser is a PolyObject (I don't know firsthand, I'll have to check), Knuckles actually can't climb the laser beam anyway - PolyObjects have no such code to support being climbed by Knuckles currently. More likely that he's just blocked from gliding though it by the laser walls or something IMO.

Except it is triggering the climbing routine; Knuckles stutters to the edge a bit and falls out into rolling frames, indicative of attempting to climb.. He's not staying on, since the climbing code doesn't count polyobjects in the "are you still on a climbable wall" checks, but he's definitely latching on, erroneously (for now).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back