[Open Assets] pancake.lua

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JTE

PHhkLL4.png

When you load pancake.lua, every map will halve in vertical height. It's Knuckles' dream come true!

There are some negative side effects of maps being treated so harshly by this script, so RVZ, CEZ3, and ERCZ are currently incompletable with this script loaded, and many map specials behave inappropriately. Edits were put in place to make springs, DSZ3, and ERZ3 function correctly again with the adjusted map heights.

Now updated to work with SRB2 2.1.15 without issue.

Attachments

• pancake.lua
    1.8 KB · Views: 676
Last edited:
I'm sad this don't work with 2.1.15. It would be interesting to see how the script handles maps with slopes.

Only reason it doesn't work is line #2:

Code:
for i=0,#mobjinfo

This should have "#mobjinfo-1" at the end, since mobjinfo[#mobjinfo] is not actually valid. This is why you guys will get that error about index 673 being out of range if you load this script (#mobjinfo's value is 673).

In other words it's the script's fault for doing something technically wrong, not the game's for correctly pointing out it's wrong. =P

Last edited:
This would be amazingly fun if it could use a console variable to set the height multiplication (which should of course only be modified outside levels). Is this a possibility (even if you won't do this to the script yourself), or is there just too much stuff in the script relying on specifically halving the height of everything for it to be somewhat easy enough to add in? Regardless, it's still pretty amazingly fun.

Edit: Unfortunately, pancake maps become... un-pancake-y if you die and respawn in single-player.

Last edited:
This amazingly breaks most stages as it isn't compatible with FoFs and gimmicks. Especially endgame, CEZ3, RVZ and ERZ are quite unplayable (ERZ at least as Sonic). I approve.

e6eygx.jpg

21eck5c.jpg

I have discovered that because of the height being halved, levels that use map based sectors or whatever break, thus they are unable to send the character to the correct stage upon being triggered.

A perfect example is SRB2 the Past.
Most, if not all, doors in the HUB will send you to the incorrect stage.

However, it's up to you to fix it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back