The Pony Thread (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was definitely one of the best episodes I've seen for quite some time. It reminds me why I like this show so much. Although the first word Shining Armour said gave me the worst first impression ever, he was a great character and he really didn't feel thrown in as a substitute. The relationship between SA and Twilight really captivated me.

I don't mean to throw Sonic 06, of all things, into this. But the scene where the mane 6 were surrounded by minions really reminded me of the end of Shadow's story in that game. I was expecting some sort of barrier charge thing.

I can't really say much more because I'm scared I won't be able to convey how great this episode, or episodes, was. Definitely worth the wait. (Even if the week before I was away and would've missed the first part!;)

Last edited by a moderator:
That was certainly a spectacular way to bring an end to the second series. While it was a lot of fun, it seemed quite rushed similar to the Discord episodes which was quite a shame.

I really liked the concept behind the villain though. Crazy shapeshifting monsters are the best kind, clearly. And further proof that villain songs are always the best songs in a show with musical numbers, especially that duet between the two Candence's.

Also, the Queen Changeling laughing off the power of love is amazing. Especially as she defeated Celestia by stealing someones amazing love powers about 10 minutes before then, silly villains.

Edit: Wait a second. The Queen Changling feeds off love, manipulates emotions, is some kind of horrible demonic being and has the ultimate goal of marrying unsuspecting men to fuel her powers. She's more or less a PG succubus, what.

Last edited by a moderator:
So something came in the mail yesterday. It was a pony.
HNI_0037.JPG

Oh and also the season finale was really really really good.

I just started watching this show, and I suddenly got addicted. The ONLY show I've gotten addicted to before this was "Avatar: The Last Airbender". But I'll be honest, this was ALMOST that good. :p

Last edited:
The Last Airbender was an awesome show. But it didn't capture my heart nearly as much as this one...

Legend of Korra YEAAAAAH

^Beware, Off-Topicness is lurking behind you in the shadows at all times.

Also, I can't express with words my admiration at the Season Finale. It was by any means the most amazing concept I've seen in Cartoons. *like a sir*

So... after finding out that the Walmart near me had these kiosk blind bag ponies... I bought one and it held a Special Edition Rainbow Dash... then after that I was wondering if they can be identified... and.. well.
HNI_0012.JPG

The normal Twilight Sparkle was about $5+S/H and SE Pinkie Pie cost about $7 no S/H because I had to resort to ebay as Walmart didn't have the rest and the other stores were quite a far drive away.

So right now I have 10 of 24 now. *Honestly... the amount they want for the SE Pinkie Pies on ebay can range from $8+S/H and the highest I saw was $15 no S/H so $7 no S/H seems fair enough.*

I was only going to get the Mane 6 and the SE ones, but seeing as I'm almost halfway there... might as well get the rest.
-----
As for the season 2 finale... it was good.

So... after finding out that the Walmart near me had these kiosk blind bag ponies... I bought one and it held a Special Edition Rainbow Dash... then after that I was wondering if they can be identified... and.. well.
HNI_0012.JPG

The normal Twilight Sparkle was about $5+S/H and SE Pinkie Pie cost about $7 no S/H because I had to resort to ebay as Walmart didn't have the rest and the other stores were quite a far drive away.

So right now I have 10 of 24 now. *Honestly... the amount they want for the SE Pinkie Pies on ebay can range from $8+S/H and the highest I saw was $15 no S/H so $7 no S/H seems fair enough.*

I was only going to get the Mane 6 and the SE ones, but seeing as I'm almost halfway there... might as well get the rest.
-----
As for the season 2 finale... it was good.
Dat SE Rainbow Dash

So jelly...

Who here knows about that MLP/Phoenix Wright crossover fangame thing? My Little Investigations?

They released a demo.

It's actually really fun. There were some real brain-rackers that took me forever to figure out, but nothing was too obscure. The demo cuts off rather abruptly, though; I would have liked to see even just a little "Coming soon!" screen at the end instead of an abrupt exit of the program.

Last edited:
I don't really play Phoenix Wright, I don't even know what console it is for. That demo is pretty hard but fun.

I just played the first Phoenix Wright game lately, so I could understand how this game works. Well, it's just a demo, but immediatly close the window after that Twilight is saying "That investigation begins to be interesting..."... how direct.
I finished it, and I liked it. We can also hear the ponies' voices (rather well-done), and the difficulty is fine. It just needs to be more than a demo, now.

Also, because we're speaking about Phoenix Wright Pony version stuff, I also know another one, but I don't think it's a game. I think it's more like a movie : My Little Pony FIM - Turnabout Storm.

Last edited:
After many days... I finally got all the Kiosk Blind Bag Figures. *US Wave 1* Oddly... Walgreens near my area had these in stock which is funny because the last few times I was there I didn't see any. *Someone hide one of the blind bags in the wrong pile of blind bags which held Flower Wishes and I almost overlooked that one.*
HNI_0023.JPG

All 24 of them, also with their cards even though they're not shown, also I hate how the cards are bent sometimes... also...

HNI_0026.JPG

Got this as a bonus, but honestly... can they at LEAST get Princess Celestia's colors correct? *I know that this doesn't show much* Now... one more to show.

HNI_0016.JPG

Something tells me this doesn't look right... *It's a book that came with the 5 big figures that kinda tells about S1E1 & S1E2, that's about it.

Now if only Wave 2 hits the US... and I gotta get a better camera then using my 3DS.

Last edited:
It's pretty much common knowledge that the vectors they use in the merchandise are (almost) universally terrible.

Season 2 is on Netflix now, btw.

Also, it's in production order.

19dVe.gif

(Okay, okay, sorry, but I saw this GIF earlier today (context) and found it hilarious.)
On the minus side, I'm assuming S2E14 "The Last Roundup" has the altered opening, sans Derpy's name. Boooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back