Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 Remake <HD> PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hybrid

Previously known as "Wagon"
That looks very nice, even that Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 is fit to Xbox 360 and to Playstation 3, Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 to the PC, is very interesting idea...

Well, it's an impressive tech demo, but why would you want to port Sonic '06 of all games?

I mean sure, bugs are half of the problem, but everything else about the game is still bad. The aesthetic clashes in an ugly way, the plot's terrible, and even the not-bugged aspect of the gameplay is all really stiff and uninteresting.

But I mean hey, if that's the kind of Sonic game you want, then who am I to say otherwise...

I mean sure, bugs are half of the problem, but everything else about the game is still bad. The aesthetic clashes in an ugly way, the plot's terrible, and even the not-bugged aspect of the gameplay is all really stiff and uninteresting.
"Bad" is subjective. Sonic The Hedgehog is one of my favourite Sonic games, in fact majorly due to the plot. (It's not my absolute favourite Sonic game, though.) And the art styles aren't that bad in my opinion, and I don't find anything to really clash with anything else in the game in a bad way.

I for one look forward to this re-making hopefully being finished some time in the future. I also think it's said to have tweaked/better multiplayer (like being able to play as characters besides Sonic/Shadow/Silver), among possibly other enhancements. But as I said before, "bad" is subjective, so I respect you don't feel the same way about the game as I do.

"Bad" is subjective. Sonic The Hedgehog is one of my favourite Sonic games, in fact majorly due to the plot. (It's not my absolute favourite Sonic game, though.) And the art styles aren't that bad in my opinion, and I don't find anything to really clash with anything else in the game in a bad way.

I for one look forward to this re-making hopefully being finished some time in the future. I also think it's said to have tweaked/better multiplayer (like being able to play as characters besides Sonic/Shadow/Silver), among possibly other enhancements. But as I said before, "bad" is subjective, so I respect you don't feel the same way about the game as I do.

You know, the main part I like is the story, it almost went really good.

AND the different types of levels

AND His World Song.

Oh, Here's my last post about this ...
That PC Port is actually a Remake, it all started as a very enhanced Blitz3D game with the Goal of Recreating the game for the PC and was later moved to Unity, It's lead Programmer is "Gistix" .

"Bad" is subjective.
Okay, let me objectify it.

Visually: Sonic 06's aesthetic involves edgy cartoony anthropomorphic animals with practically photo-realistic humans. Sonic's hand is the size of Elise's face. Any of the NPCs' character designs (and most of the enemy designs) are devoid of any inspiration, and some of their animations are downright silly (watch the NPCs flap their mouths and wave their hands wildly while they talk). Nothing about the environment or world looks like anything that would normally belong in a Sonic game, it looks way more like Final Fantasy than anything else. The closest argument you could make is maybe SA1/2, but even they did wacky stuff with their levels and enemy designs. The graphics aren't that impressive for 360 either, way better shit has been done on the system.

Gameplay-wise: Pretty much every character is clunky to control. Attacks are rigid and lack fluidity, movement is unwieldy, the physics are generally haphazard and nonlifelike. At some points it's just ridiculous.

Story: It's cut up weirdly with the gameplay, Iblis kills Sonic just for Sonic to literally be revived like five minutes later, the voice acting is lazy and the animations are still clunky.

This is all disregarding the long loading times and the numerous glitches that might make the game borderline unplayable. So that's what I mean when I say Sonic '06 is bad. Some people like it, and that's fine. Doesn't necessarily mean it's well-designed.

But as I said before, "bad" is subjective, so I respect you don't feel the same way about the game as I do.

Let me tell you something: I like Sonic R way more than I should. Sonic R is objectively shitty. Its character roster is grossly imbalanced, every character controls like a tank, the water looks weird and the game uses invisible walls too much, there's only five race tracks, and its soundtrack is... unorthodox. Why do I like it? I suppose partly nostalgia, partly the charm of seeing all the cutesy characters in a colorful 3D environment, and partly because once you get good at the game you can just pay attention to all its little quirks. But make no mistake: Sonic R is a bad game.

If I were to improve Sonic R, I would polish the controls, make turning way more responsive, rebalance the characters, add tracks, improve the visual presentation, improve the existing tracks and so on. What I like most about it is the concept, the characters, and some of the unlockable objectives. But I'd probably be better off redoing the game from the ground up.

To me Sonic '06 is pretty much in the same boat. I don't know what about the game is so redeemable that someone couldn't just make a better game entirely from scratch. Pretty much the soundtrack is good and that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back