[Open Assets] SRB2 - Community Build! - Full color Edition! (PNG)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sorry about the troubles you're having - I found a support document from Microsoft that might be able to help you: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2466493

At the top part of the page there's a "download hotfix" - Hope that helps!

Thanks for this also, as it will probably fix everything once I apply it. Even though Microsoft's support page should've came up upon clicking the top option..

EDIT: Didn't work sadly.

Last edited:
Wait, wwwwait, this the Doom engine, since when is there a converter for a Doom map to a modern 3D format? A Doom to .obj, or .3ds converter would be pretty sweet, but I've looked all over the internet and haven't even found one.

It would take 10-20 minutes to create that in Sketchup.

It would take 10-20 minutes to create that in Sketchup.

How are the darker sectors even moderately lit? - the light just goes and then stops with the rest of the area, in a very Doom-like fashion.

Also:

How is the sky fullbright?

How is the image in such a pixely style anyway? :P

Last edited:
So why didn't you upload the latest release as an attachment?

1G8Rw.png

While the engine is okay, I think it still needs some "fixes". (EDIT: Then, I rather prefer, fix the graphic issue first, and then replace the outdated official release. I wouldn't like to play CB with these screwed levels :S).

If Kalaron needs, I could help on it. :)

Last edited:
Ezer.Arch said:
If Kalaron needs, I could help on it. :)
Yes please, could you finish converting the textures with multiple patches to single PNG images? - That's all it needs, and you can put it in srb2cb.wad

Last edited:
Before Kalaron is shot I'd like to point out that he's most likely just joking with you guys and that these are just clever mock-ups.

Yes please, could you finish converting the textures with multiple patches to single PNG images?

Something like this?

6iBbX.png

(* obviously, the grid is just an in-built feature of the editor)

EDIT:

SKY22, the biggest one, is done:

(image link was changed)

Please check if it was correctly ported. I believe so.

Last edited:
Ezer.Arch said:
Something like this?...

YES, that's EXACTLY how to do it (and much faster than how I was doing it, with MSPaint ;-;)

You can just add those PNG textures to srb2cb.wad and the textures will work.

I recommend using SLADE - you can even add transparency for cyan textures by Convert GFX -> PNG -> Use transparent color

Software mode is not without merit. Most but not all computers are now capable of running OpenGL. Some people have old PC's that can't run OGL. Some computers (like one of mine)don't run it at an acceptable speed. Others run it perfectly. I believe that is why OGL is not the main focus of development.
I also have a suggestion. Could the existing pseudo slopes be rendered as a proper slope?

They are proper slopes. Not pseudo slopes. They can be run on and jumped off for a higher jump, etc. Unless you mean something else.

Could the existing pseudo slopes be rendered as a proper slope?
You'd have to level the fake slope and remake it using CB's slope method which would break compatibility with vanillla srb2.

Unless I'm missing something which is always a possibility.

IT WORKS!

JXJK4.png

It's so simple to get all textures in and make a straight run. Congratz sir Kal.

I think I converted 40% out of multi-patch textures. For those who want to try out, this is my first, say, release with 119 converted textures, including all some skies.

Just download the attached file below, extract and replace the old srb2cb.wad, and run. If you feel unsure, rename the old srb2cb.wad to something else first.

Wait for more two days... I'm gonna get it 100% done. Until there, some levels will look like this...

FZIEY.png

EDIT: Attachment removed. See my next post for newest package.

Last edited:
I rather wait for a new version of the PNG edition. The Open-GL version (Old one) has lagged me like a piece of rotten smell.
Your logic makes no sense.

Considering that converting all textures to PNG has nothing do do with the use of OpenGL or not in this mod, I'm sorry to say that your going to keep lagging like a piece of 'rotten smell?'. How would you expect the mod and all of it's OpenGL based features to work without the damn Opengl? Software mode can't even run full color PNG's, what are you thinking??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back