• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic Robo Blast 2: The Secret Project (SRB2: TSP) - Mod for 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

danie

I have cancelled SRB2: Hidden Lands so I am making something new. Its called The Secret Project and it will have Single Player, Match, Race, CTF Levels and tons of unlockables.

Story:

Eggman was pondering in his lab thinking about a plan to get rid of Sonic until he thought of something: That he could make a hole entire ship that has a mind of its own and only take commands from him, So he made the Egg Brain a high tech ship. Sonic was at the Rocky Gardens national park running until something was in his way. CRASH!!! It was eggman. "EGGMAN!!!?" "Yes me, I have an evil plan, But you will have to catch me first!, Bye Hedgehog!" Eggman Said. then he left. Sonic told his friends Tails and Knuckles to come and find Eggman and then they separated and started the search for Eggman.

Levels:

Rocky Garden Zone (RGZ)
You Begin here at the Rocky Garden National Park, Its filled with rivers, cliffs, and grass. Theres alot of Jetty-Syn badniks so keep your guard up

Pictures:

srb20002.png

srb20003b.png

srb20004h.png

srb20005.png

srb20006.png

srb20007.png

A hole new path for Knuckles:
srb20008.png
[/QUOTE]

Act 2
None

srb20009.png
[/QUOTE]

Electric Factory Zone (EFZ)
The second level of The Secret Project. Its Eggman's Headquarters and it looks like Techno Hill Zone, Don't let the conveyor belts confuse you.

pictures:

Act 1
None

Act 2
None

Act 3
None

Thunderstorm Shrine Zone (TSZ)
The Third Level of The Secret Project, they are on the floating shrine where it always storms. It storms so much the temple is flooded

pictures:

Act 1
None

Act 2
None

Act 3
None

Black Castle Zone (BCZ)
The forth level of The Secret Pack. This level is an creepy ancient abandoned castle filled with ghosts and mysterious paths and don't trust the green light.

pictures:

Act 1
None

Act 2
None

Act 3
None

Frosty Iceberg Zone (FIZ)
The fifth level in the Secret Project. Sonic falls out of the castle and lands in the snowing Tundra.

srb20046.png

srb20047.png
[/QUOTE]

none
[/QUOTE]

none
[/QUOTE]

Neo Jungle Zone (NJZ)
The sixth level in The Secret Project. Sonic is back in Jungle Zone but it changed alot.

pictures:

none
[/QUOTE]

I Know its not much
srb20010l.png
[/QUOTE]

None
[/QUOTE]

Eggtropolis Zone (EZ)
The Seventh level in The Secret Pack. Eggman's City

pictures:

None
[/QUOTE]

None
[/QUOTE]

None
[/QUOTE]

Egg Brain Zone (EBZ)
The Eighth Level in The Secret Project. This is Eggmans Battle Ship with a mind of its own.

pictures:

None
[/QUOTE]

None
[/QUOTE]

None
[/QUOTE]

??? Zone
The Final level in the secret project. you only get this level if you get all emerelds

Team Secret:

danie (ME!) - Leader
Sonic100000 - Music

Last edited:
The whole level looks entirely brown, except for some grass. It also seems to be entirely empty. A good single player level needs to be pleasing and interesting to the eye, as well as provide enjoyable challenges. Your map looks more like an empty corridor to me.

As a tip, don't use the same texture for the floor as you do for the wall. It's hard to see where you're going.

I see a lot of emptiness and blandness in that level. You need to add in some eye-pleasers.

I just noticed: The level design ark is basically the same as SRB2 itself:
Start off in a Green zone, into a factory, then flooded location, a castle, (new level here) A dark possibly abandoned city, a canyon, a volcano, an ice glacier related in some way to the volcano, and then eggman's main area. Very unoriginal.

I just noticed: The level design ark is basically the same as SRB2 itself:
Start off in a Green zone, into a factory, then flooded location, a castle, (new level here) A dark possibly abandoned city, a canyon, a volcano, an ice glacier related in some way to the volcano, and then eggman's main area. Very unoriginal.
True. Well at least he added a Jungle lol.

The levels are wide-open, but they're completely empty. They usually seem to lack enemies and have very few combinations of textures.

Here are things that you will exspect for SRB2:The Secret Project:

srb20019.png

srb20017.png

srb20020l.png

I Can't Believe Adding More Scenery would make the Level Look Better

Last edited:
I have some news:

Rocky Garden Zone 1, is 100% finished and is already sent into the contest

Unimportant News:

Coal Canyon Zone is now Architecture Sands Zone, Molten Volcano Zone is now Volcanic Ridge Zone and I am adding a new level called Robotnik Disco Zone
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have started on Rocky Garden Zone, Act 2

srb20021.png

What do you think of it right now?

Last edited:
The waterfall looks pretty but the rest is all bland. Nice work.

These maps look plain awful. They need way more detail and much more variation and seconding what SpiritCrusher said, there's not enough texture variety.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they're awful, but there needs to be more detail. Also, there are no grass borders in the last screenshot.

First of all. The first level is supposed to be easy and fun. Adding pits makes it hard for those who don't know how to play the game. Also you should start off with easy enemies. Second add more detail. Detail and texture variation will make your maps much better looking. Anyone else want to add to this go ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back