• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

fickle hearts and other parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
OpenGL can't run gifs because it basically has infinite color range that far exceeds the range of the old-school 256 palette; something most gifs require for compression and software conveniently follows.

The polyobject is a result of something RedEnchilada coded in 2.1.12, something about custom thinkers of sorts. So in short, our boy Nev3r here actually coded the polyobject to follow a "dummy" gargoyle I assume. This probably expands the realm for polyobject use to near fucking infinite.

EDIT:
Nev3r has doomed our souls to rot in heaven for all of eternity...

How the hell does one rot in heaven of all places?

Last edited:
Wait: could those sliding blocks be used for secret passages?

...a better question is if they could be tricked into rotating.

OpenGL can't run gifs because it basically has infinite color range that far exceeds the range of the old-school 256 palette; something most gifs require for compression and software conveniently follows.

The polyobject is a result of something RedEnchilada coded in 2.1.12, something about custom thinkers of sorts. So in short, our boy Nev3r here actually coded the polyobject to follow a "dummy" gargoyle I assume. This probably expands the realm for polyobject use to near fucking infinite.

EDIT:

How the hell does one rot in heaven of all places?

Thats how bad he's screwed up. We're all so screwed heaven can't save us.
We are, in the most literal sense, fucked.
All jokes aside: If I ever manage to master poly-objects it seems like I'll be able to make some seriously awesome maps.
...if I could make a really good map in the first place.

Last edited:
http://pastebin.com/sxqGw3m9

It's not much to take interest in, but I wrote Pac a little utility script to make detecting button taps/releases easier and was told to post it somewhere public. You can load it in as a separate script lump fine; once you have it set up just use player.buttonstate[BT_whatever] to get the state of a button. (1 == tap, >1 == held for X frames, -1 == released, <-1 == released for X frames)

I call fraud. This is just some sort of skybox based hack where he's actually pushing all of the map around him relatively, causing the block to "appear" to move.

Nice try, but please don't derail the topic with your fake nonsense.

It's been a long time since I spat accidentally while laughing, thank you, good sir.

I swear, if I wasn't already busy with original stuff now, you wouldn't be able to pull me away from SRB2DoomBuilder. Now that we might be able to push polyobjects around in the near future.

cOPD3gd.png

Paging all modelers in the community: how satisfactory would a system kind of like the above for color remapping on MD2s be? (There's been no coding work done for the concept; I just wanted to gauge interest, and no modelers I know of lurk IRC)

So that's saying that you could have a blend file that shows what parts of the texture would be changed when color changes? It sounds like it could be useful for solid-color textures, but I can't see it working with more detailed or intricate textures. I could be wrong, though. Am I wrong?

So that's saying that you could have a blend file that shows what parts of the texture would be changed when color changes? It sounds like it could be useful for solid-color textures, but I can't see it working with more detailed or intricate textures. I could be wrong, though. Am I wrong?

Couldn't you leave black underneath and make the blend a bit transparent over it for shading?

Yeah, the idea would be partial blending with dark colors for shading. If that doesn't work it'd also be possible to read the alpha channel and luminosity from the blending texture and blend based on a combination of those, if that'd be more useful.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

(I could edit my post, but double-posting and letting it merge should show new activity here)

Here's a hastily thrown-together example, with a sloppy edit of the texture on Jeck's Sonic MD2, really bad color choices, and manual blending in GIMP.

QgLJiID.png

SONIC.png

TLUWAOK.png

SONIC_blend.png

VF4hBEg.png

Sample results (exact color used to blend is shown around the crops)

THIS IS A MOCKUP

Last edited:
Oh my god, this is amazing. Finally a proper way to change colors in models, I just love this endlessly~

Okay, yeah, now I see how it could work. It looks like a nice concept and I hope it evolves into an actual product.

http://pastebin.com/sxqGw3m9

It's not much to take interest in, but I wrote Pac a little utility script to make detecting button taps/releases easier and was told to post it somewhere public. You can load it in as a separate script lump fine; once you have it set up just use player.buttonstate[BT_whatever] to get the state of a button. (1 == tap, >1 == held for X frames, -1 == released, <-1 == released for X frames)

I can't believe I didn't notice this sooner. THANK YOU. This will help immensely on a project I'm working on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back