Most Dissapointing Final Boss/Ending?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonic Chronicles had a really pathetic boss fight. It was just too easy. You were Super Sonic, and fighting some new old echidna thing. And then cliffhanger, along with some breaking of the 4th wall.

What?! You thought he was easy?!
When I first played the game it was easy mode. Now I don't feel like playing through it again on Normal or Hard because I didn't really like the game. The game was for the most part annoying and boring.
Of course, I don't use Easy mode anymore because I've gotten better at it.
In other words: I'm no longer a n00b at the game.

Last edited:
Mine is sonic riders because the boss is to fric*** easy, I mean, you just hit a stinkin vase! A vase! And the fat purple blob only has 3 hearts!

What?! You thought he was easy?!
Kinda late here but...
It was kinda easy. Seriously, all you need to do was lock on to his little shield thingy, then you use the overdrive, then you laser, then he doesn't recover his shield things, use overdrive again. Repeat these steps until he dies.

Megaman Zero 4 - It was disappointing that Zero dies. Well, it's not exactly specified that he actually died, but I believe he did.

Borderlands. I don't even think I need to explain to those who've played it. Those that haven't? Let's just say it ruins what basically the whole game is set upon, story wise.

Spyro: Shadow Legacy. But seriously, what about that game is NOT disappointing? In fact, that game is so terrible that I heartily recommend you buy it and play it just to laugh at it. Basically every single thing that is possible to botch in a video game, they botched.

I was going to say, all mario games seem to suffer from terrible final bosses. SM64 had a fucking amazing final boss music track, but the boss itself was fucking pathetic. A rehash of previous boss fights.

And I second Bigboi's sentiment. God, was borderlands' final boss disappointing.

SM64 had a fucking amazing final boss music track, but the boss itself was fucking pathetic. A rehash of previous boss fights.
Same with Galaxies 1 and 2. Fantastic music, shitty fight. Nintendo really needs to stop doing that.

Same with Galaxies 1 and 2. Fantastic music, shitty fight. Nintendo really needs to stop doing that.

I know right? I was hoping for more when Bowser popped back up in SMG2, but all it was was a little more "Yeah! Stomp meteorites into Bowser's face 5 times and you WIN! Meanwhile, he can't even hurt you!"

Wait... Blue Warrior... Haven't I seen you over at VGMusic?

Cave Story's hard mode. Hear me out on this one.

So you slog through Sacred Grounds 100 times and finally kill Ballos, and what do you get? A generic "everybody's happy now" ending and some new vignettes. I was expecting an epic island flyover, but noooo. Amaya-san, I am dissapoint.

Amaya-san, I am dissapoint.

And then everyone was happy...
trollface

But in all seriousness, got to agree with Fable 2's ending. Despite battles being easy as is ((Then again I guess you can consider Fable a casual game)), I expected a good boss battle somewhat similar to the Jack Of Blades dragon fight in Lost Chapters. Instead we get a minute of dialogue about "Not being able to stop him" sort of jazz and instantly ends if either you shoot him or wait for Reaver to get sick of his blaber.

Well I can tell I'm going to be twice as dead inside once I play through Fable 3 :\

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood.
Like Jellybones said..

Sonic Chronicles had a really pathetic boss fight. It was just too easy. You were Super Sonic, and fighting some new old echidna thing. And then cliffhanger, along with some breaking of the 4th wall.

Agreed. I mean, I beat it on one turn. All you have to do is get ONE turn perfectly, and its dead. No, I am not being overdramatic. I litterally mean one turn. Its that easy. And for that matter, it was also very weak of an idea for a final boss battle, fighting an elderly echidna. Now, the ENDING is ALSO pathetic. I mean, after the battle, OH NOEZ WE GOTA GET OUTA HEER!!11!, they leave, and Eggman took over Mobius. They get shot down, and what does Sonic do? Does he jump out? Does he try to get Tails to control the plane before it crashes? Does Shadow use Chaos Control? Ooh, no. Instead, he sits there, and starts talking about the game with Tails, meanwhile, the ship hes in is STILL heading for the ground to their impending doom. Shoulden't he be trying to save himself? Nope, he just sits there, talks about the game, and act like its no big deal hes about to die. You'd expect a seqeal, how long has it been released? About two years or so. Do we know if he got blown up? Nope.
And that, people, is why I think the ending to the game is pathetic.
And for that matter, Sonic isn't ment for RPG games, in my opinion.. >.>

Sonic 2. Silver and Robotnik were both too easy for me. But, the MOST disappointing would have to be Star Fox Adventures. You expect to fight General Scales on ground at the end, instead to be killed off by Andross, whom you fight in space.

Shoulden't he be trying to save himself? Nope, he just sits there, talks about the game, and act like its no big deal hes about to die.
That sequence is just a disguise for the credits. BioWare probably didn't want to shove in a boring credits list so they just made Sonic talk about who made the game/rest of the crew/bios of those people.

I am probably going to get e-stoned to death for saying this, but the way the "true" ending of Mother 3 was executed always seemed like a giant cop-out to me.

...What do you mean by the 'true' ending? Was there multiple endings?

Every boss in Sonic since after the Biolizard. Possible exception granted to Metal Overlord, for being made of 99% pure Nostalgium and 1% Phlebotinum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back