Server Room Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanthom

Also known as Strawberry
OK, there's something really weird going on here. You see, as I try to connect to the master server trough the game (not using IPs with Srb2Net Launcher) or hosting a server, choosing the server room is a nightmare.
Rarely it works, sometimes it freezes the game for several seconds (and after the long freeze, no error boxes pop up like :"Error connecting to the Master Server"), sometimes a Update box pops out and says that my Srb2 version is obsolete and asks me to download the new version (It says that the new version is Version: 16).
Because of this, I'm forced to connect through IP server, not that bothers me, but this issue prevents me from hosting a server (sometimes it successfully updates to the MS sometimes it doesn't).

IM2qc4.jpg

Last edited:
Yep it happened to me before ... it said that i'm using v2.1.8 and last version is v2.1.8,i don't know what caused it,but i'm sure installing latest update Patch should fix it out ...

I tried to re-install the latest patch, just to make sure. Unfortunately that didn't fix the issue. It also keeps telling me to update to version 16.

Redownloading the latest version or restarting the router won't fix anything since this is something only the master server administrators can fix.

Last edited:
I did read it, just because you had a old version don't mean it's the same thing for Fanthom. He is using the latest patch which is shown on the screenshot.

I did read it, just because you had a old version don't mean it's the same thing for Fanthom. He is using the latest patch which is shown on the screenshot.
No,i meant before 2.1.11 Patch was released,i had v2.1.7,and when 2.1.8 was released,and i tried to join a Multiplayer game it said , i Have v2.1.8 and latest version is 2.1.8

But this is not the case for Fanthom, he has the latest patch and was given a message saying a new version is out when that is not true. The issue may be even fixed by now, since he created this topic 16 hours ago.

Or how about you just accept that this is a different issue from the one you had instead of repeating the same thing again and again?

Connectivity issues involving SRB2 are really weird, and may be caused by the game's interaction with a number of other programs running on your computer. For instance, I can't host nor join netgames if Skype is open on my laptop. Try closing other programs that communicate with the internet temporarily and see if it solves the issue. Alternatively, you could try temporarily disabling antivirus, firewalls, etc and see what works? I'm really just taking shots in the dark here, but some experimentation might yield positive results.

I've disabled every possible internet service on my computer. Avira, Malwarebytes, Firewall, Skype, Steam. I'm going to try with another computer, to see if it's a problem with my router and/or ISP. I can still join server just fine with IPs. I just can't properly host. (I often get the "Ports not forwarded" error on the Master Server) I'll keep you updated.

I'm speechless. Would you believe that a crappy old Hp Tx1000 (you know, those 2008 laptops with defective nvidia chips) could host a server perfectly? It still has that version 16 issue (Only if I keep re-choosing the server room). At this point, I think the best thing to do is reset my Windows. Thank you all for your suggestions. I'll keep testing this laptop, maybe this is just brief luck.

Do realize that the game's engine dates back to the 90s, so it's not surprising that older hardware and especially older versions of Windows will work better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back