Puffball for 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerman14

Returned for 2.2!
The pint-sized power-house returns!
Now packing a brand new "Puff rocket", you can launch into the air at high speeds!
Puffball features high speed and accel, as well as the "air drill" move.
He might be a tad difficult to play as but brings an interesting new play style to the game.

Attachments

• srb20001.png
    srb20001.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 3,650
  • srb20003.png
    srb20003.png
    80.4 KB · Views: 3,738
  • srb20004.png
    srb20004.png
    93.3 KB · Views: 2,366
  • srb20005.png
    srb20005.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 2,152
  • srb20006.png
    srb20006.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 3,480
  • PUFFBALL FOR 2.1 CURRENT BUILD.zip
    291.7 KB · Views: 2,049
Last edited:
Before I pass this, could you please uploaded the wad as an attachment to your post? It's useful for us to have a copy hosted on the forum in case an external host goes down.

sure i guess. that wouldn't be too bad. any solution to why the character pic isn't working? i'd like to fix it this version

I don't know what problem you're having with the character pic, but they normally need to be 128x128 pixels in size and the PicName value is case sensitive. Also are you making sure the character picture uses the SRB2 colour palette?

it might be that last one..I'll check it out and try it again in a few.
EDIT: pallet and size seem to be correct..but it still crashes the game.
EDIT 2: dunno how but i go it to work. We're GTG.

Last edited:
When i saw the name, what it made me think is is gonna be... umm, how i can say it.

Oh, that MLP character that was doing pillows fight to everybone, i just dont renember well that video

Anyway, it looks decent with the info, ill give it a try

When i saw the name, what it made me think is is gonna be... umm, how i can say it.

Oh, that MLP character that was doing pillows fight to everybone, i just dont renember well that video

Anyway, it looks decent with the info, ill give it a try

You mean Pinkie? There's already a wad for her here. :P

The S_SKIN wasn't updated for 2.1's new attributes.
Please see https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Character_WAD_tutorial

Things to look out for:
  • The "facename" parameter no longer exists and its functionality has been replaced by "hudname".
  • "realname" has been added.
  • "prefcolor" has been changed to use color names rather than numbers so that future versions of SRB2 will still use the same color if possible.
  • Several other flags have been compacted into a single "flags" attribute.
  • The character select pic has been added to S_SKIN and removed from the SOC.

I did this before I had a proper tutorial due to the fact that srb2 2.1 had just came out and I couldn't find much info.
However, if something's worth doing, it's damn well worth doing right. It'll take me a little bit but I'll fix him up.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

UPDATE BUUUUUMP:
Had to edit him so it would be entirely working. results were...interesting.
Well, his rocket jump has been BUFFED. (yes, buffed.)
I do miss the lightning portal end. Anyone know how to get rid of the white frame as well?

I did this before I had a proper tutorial due to the fact that srb2 2.1 had just came out and I couldn't find much info.

I actually updated the wiki page specifically for your benefit! <3

I do miss the lightning portal end. Anyone know how to get rid of the white frame as well?

You mean, how to get rid of the sign post back now that I changed it so the back and the character are separated? Hmm. You could probably use Lua to replace the signpost entirely with a different object if there is a puffball in the game, that's probably your best bet.

If you really want to make the sign turn into a portal while/after it's spinning, though... Check the sign's target player's skin and if it's puffball change to a different set of states?

Sorry I didn't leave any openings for that. My goal was to standardize character structures so that they match up with SRB2's theme by default. :P If some mod goes and changes all of the life boxes to Adventure-style ones, now your face will still be on them!~

I'm unaware on how to do lua scripting..and i was referring to the life icon, sorry. Should've been more specific. I'll need to edit that box out if i update my sonic CD graphic mod.

But thanks for updating the wiki for me! I feel special now :P

I'm way too fucking surprised that no one thought he meant Kirby. Come on, Kirby's often nicknamed a pink puffball. Then I find out he meant a character I never even heard of in my entire life. I probably won't play as him for this reason, but good job anyways.

I'm way too fucking surprised that no one thought he meant Kirby. Come on, Kirby's often nicknamed a pink puffball. Then I find out he meant a character I never even heard of in my entire life. I probably won't play as him for this reason, but good job anyways.

Puffball is an original character specifically made for SRB2. He's a speedrun character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back