Sonic R

Status
Not open for further replies.
sonic-and-sega-all-stars-racing-screenshot.jpg

Sorry, but your "Racing game where Sonic is on foot" is in Another Castle.

Actually, we've had, what, five already? Almost the same number as Mario Kart's franchise.

Blue Warrior said:
Actually, we've had, what, five already? Almost the same number as Mario Kart's franchise.
Can you please fill in the blanks then? These are all I know.

Sonic R | Super Mario Kart
????????| Mario Kart 64
Sonic Riders | Mario Kart GBA
Zero Gravity | Double Dash
Sega All Stars Racing | MKDS
????????? | MKWii

Aah yes, I never had a Game Gear or Master System. So I forgot those games existed. And I only went below Game 3 in Gems to play Vectorman.

I've enjoyed near all the Sonic racing games, aside from the Sonic Drift ones, I found all the others rather enjoyable, and I can't wait for the Sega Star's Racing game to come out. As for Sonic R, all I can say is when I heard of the Tails Doll Curse, I lol'd

The game was amazingly fun and underrated. It was fun TA'ing every level as every character hundreds of times.

But for us TA'ers/Speedrunners, it became really boring when glitches were found, and every stage could be completed in sub-8 seconds.

Sonic drift did suck.

Mostly because of the graphics.
But it was on a 90's Handheld system.

I'll have to actually play the newer one for my oppinion (Obviously)

Sonic R was a great game (could use some more levels that are longer) but a really good game for its time. I kinda like the ending music. YOUR MY NUMBER ONEEEEEEE! Someone should make an all race WAD based off that game it sounds like fun.

There actually is a Sonic R gamemode where everyone is on foot in CZ64's SRB2Riders mod in the outdated releases.

Originally thought I would hate Sonic R because of what the graphics looked like. But, after playing it I began to like it alot, the only thing I didn't like from it was the made-up "tails doll curse" thing that was supposed to be scary because it got a little out of hand.

Sonic R had horrible game play I was bumping into walls every second.

Yeap. This was especially infuriating as Super Sonic.

That was kind of a shame. The other aspects of the game aren't bad, and even today it makes for a nice mid-90s nostalgia trip.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back