What game has the best graphics?

For me, the game with the best graphics has to go to Dead Or Alive 3 for the Xbox. The style and beauty of this game felt like the future to me. This game was made in 2001, by the way.

No way! In my opinion the best would be "Super mario bros." for the NES. Hehehe just joking but games for Xbox 360 and PS3 probably has the best graphics. (GTA IV maybe?)

The best game is Playstation 3, it have the same hardware as the Xbox 360. When you keep playing your xbox 360 it shows of that red ring what causes damages.

Last edited:
For me, the game with the best graphics has to go to Dead Or Alive 3 for the Xbox. The style and beauty of this game felt like the future to me. This game was made in 2001, by the way.

Ya mean like this?
dead-or-alive-ultimate.jpg

The best game is Playstation 3, it have the same hardware as the Xbox 360. When you keep playing your xbox 360 it shows of that red ring what causes damages.

What? Could you please speak English? And no, the PS3 is a completely different animal than the 360.

Holy crap. What mod and/or source port is that?

Ya mean like this?
dead-or-alive-ultimate.jpg

What? Could you please speak English? And no, the PS3 is a completely different animal than the 360.

Holy crap. What mod and/or source port is that?

Yup, you see what I mean, but nobody else submitted a game, just consoles. Also those are nice boobies. Yeah, I am fooling around here and stuff, no offense to females on this site.

Yup, you see what I mean, but nobody else submitted a game, just consoles. Also those are nice boobies. Yeah, I am fooling around here and stuff, no offense to females on this site.

Ya, if you notice that image isn't even for DOA 3. I Googled "dead or alive game" and just picked the image with the maximum amount of boobs per square inch.

BACK ON TOPIC

For me it really depends on style. As far as retro is concerned, Cave Story is the best I've seen so far. The PC version, to be specific - if you increase the resolution without increasing the color palette like in the Wii version it just looks MSPaint-ified to me.

In the realm of modern games I would have to say God of War 3. Cell-BE for the win.

Honestly, I don't really think the "best" graphics should mean the most realistic.
Graphics that are appealing to the eye mean everything. Because if you take Call of Duty, Multiply the graphics level by 5, and compare it to Sonic Unleashed's X5, I'd like Sonic's graphics more. It would have more variety to the graphics than 5 trillion polygons with boring variations of Orange, Brown, Yellow, and Dark Red.

NOW, I'd have to say the SNES version of Earthworm Jim. It had really good cartoony 2D graphics.

Last edited:
Yoshi Story had such a lovely art style. It's one of those things that made my childhood. It was just so unique and looked so delightful. Yoshi's Island and Kirby's Dreamland 3 were also nice, with the pastels and crayons.

I really love the graphics in the Unreal Tournament series. They're slightly less detailed than the COD graphics, but they are used so much more expressively and imaginatively. I've done a tiny bit of modding for UT3, but what I did doesn't even scratch the surface of that game's capabilities.
Also those are nice boobies. Yeah, I am fooling around here and stuff, no offense to females on this site.
My hormones agree with you, but my ethics make me feel a bit unsettled about what awesome graphics are being used to make these days.

Some may not agree with me, but personally I thought SSBB & Sonic & The Black Knight's graphics were absolutely impressive for what they were, especially on a Wii console.

If it was a classic game however, I quite liked Sonic CD's and Quackshot's

Actually, many people agree with you.

I always see people talking about Brawl's graphics are very good. (At least compared to MKWii...)

The Black Knight also had very impressive graphics. The lava in one level was awesome. Sonic Team knows how to make eye candy. Now give us a good game. :P

Honestly, I don't really think the "best" graphics should mean the most realistic.
Graphics that are appealing to the eye mean everything. Because if you take Call of Duty, Multiply the graphics level by 5, and compare it to Sonic Unleashed's X5, I'd like Sonic's graphics more. It would have more variety to the graphics than 5 trillion polygons with boring variations of Orange, Brown, Yellow, and Dark Red.
While you make a good point about what one does with good graphics, I'll point out graphics are not something inherently quantifiable, and as such you can't just "multiply [it] by 5".

What game has the best graphics? Probably Crysis, for maintaining really high-quality, nearly lifelike stills, while not falling into the same "make it more brown" trap most FPS titles do these days (really, that jungle is colorful). I haven't played it myself to know if it's a good game behind those graphics, but it's still damn pretty, and hasn't really been topped.

However, graphics usually don't sell me on a game, per se - after all, I still think many PS1 games look pretty damn good, despite the low-resolution textures and blocky geometry (like, say, Spyro). Heck, even the Saturn's 3D is pretty good - a console not known for good 3D, to be fair, but even then, it's not so much the hardware as it is what you do with it. Panzer Dragoon Saga and Radiant Silvergun are STUNNING for 32-bit games.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back