• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

fickle hearts and other parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
We now return to your regularly scheduled custom content.

GreedyValuableHarvestmouse.gif

Forgive my mediocre spriting.

KindheartedReflectingIcelandichorse.gif

7:49 PM - yellow™: eggman proceeds to kill his creation and begins to contemplate why he builds his creations

Now I'm wondering how you crawla-bounce that.

RedEnchilada said:
KindheartedReflectingIcelandichorse.gif

7:49 PM - yellow™: eggman proceeds to kill his creation and begins to contemplate why he builds his creations
7:51 PM - yellow™: he finally stops caring about that and keeps creating them

Forgive my mediocre spriting.

I will never forgive you >:3 (jerking)
Anyways, this here is pretty good and I have one question...
Why is Eggman self destructing his creation with the Sonic 1 ball thingy? X)
And the sun effect looks fucking amazing.

I will never forgive you >:3 (jerking)
Anyways, this here is pretty good and I have one question...
Why is Eggman self destructing his creation with the Sonic 1 ball thingy? X)
And the sun effect looks fucking amazing.

"Jerking." That is so wrong, you don't understand :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi6K4dcPvKg

I'm going to take this time to link a video here of my OLDC map. It's kind of a spoiler (it gives away the solution to the score attack emblem), so if that matters to you don't watch. But it probably doesn't matter to you. Have what's basically an extended teaser while we wait for Mystic to finish that "socializing" thing and compile the contest WADs.

Also, I committed the code that fixes polyobject planes in Software to my fork of the GitHub repository as a backport from the private trunk, if anyone wants to take it for a test drive or tinker with it a bit before it makes it official debut.

U0aSUZJ.png

Who here remembers JTE's old portal rendering code? It's actually compiled into vanilla EXEs... just in a sort of glitchy state. I spent my evening fixing it up to work... almost flawlessly now! Just a few issues with sprites left to sort out. Then I made a quick script to mirror objects into a part of a map to do that thing up there. (Wait, actually, that's the part I did first. It led me to fixing the portal code. :V)

FarawayHardtofindGlassfrog.gif

Does that also mean they actually work in OpenGL now?

Last edited:
Red, you magnificent bastard. I can't believe how flawless that portal system is looking right now. It's just so good.

Now that is pretty cool. I take it they're just aesthetic at this point? Even so I can see a lot of uses coming from this.

Oh so that's why there was a stupidly annoying amount of invincibility monitors spammed everywhere in that map. :V Silly me.

BiodegradableShortDuck.gif

I'm having way too much fun here

edit:
OnlyHatefulJackrabbit.gif

Not even I really know what's going on here, but DAMN look at those portals refract

Last edited:
...isn't that falsely assuming you NEED to look directly up and down to view a flat at all? I can see portal flats happening myself, regardless of renderer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back