AVG 8 Free Edition is out

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRose

LOL Man
AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 8.0.1

I was looking for some links for my cousin. His computer is having some problems. Thats when I found out about AVG 8. Odd thing is that the Auto update did not say an thing about it. It a major update with a new look and more powerful scan. I'm running it right now and its already finding Adware. I run that scan every week or so and it never found Adware before. It also now comes with an optional bowser tool bar. I just thought you guys might what to know this.

Edit: download.com got it a day early. That why it did not show up in the updates.

[url=http://free.grisoft.com said:
AVG Website[/url]]AVG Free 8.0 launches April 24

AVG Technologies will tomorrow release AVG Anti-Virus Free 8.0, the latest version of the company’s popular and widely-used free security software, which now incorporates protection against spyware through a new combined anti-virus and anti-spyware engine.

Whatever. I use SpySweeper with AntiVirus, which caught things AVG didn't. Only downside is that it cost $50, but of the pay-to-use virus-scanners, it's supposedly king. Better than my experiences with McAfee, anyway.

Just a warning, this new AVG's residential scanner (avgrsx.exe) eats up your cpu and ram. I ended up deleting the residential scanner just to get my pc back to normal.

AVG 7 works well enough for me to play ITG or Mungyodance while it runs, so if AVG8 is really bad, I might not get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back