• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

One Little Rat (working title)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to mention this before, but I've been looking forward to this mod for a while now - good to see it's still in the works.

I've been somewhat more busy than usual, but despite that, I've further updates on the project:

- I have implemented an alternate display mode for health and energy, which shows numbers instead of bars. This will display when the inventory is open, since it tends to cover up most of the bars anyway if they're of decent length. I intend to include an options menu, which (among other things) will allow the player to choose to have the numbers show during normal gameplay as well, either instead of or alongside the bars.

- I have decided that I will likely release the first demo once the first three levels are done (though, only two levels will be playable per playthrough, because branching paths).

- With a few exceptions, the bosses that will appear in the game have been decided upon, though they have yet to be put into the game itself.

- I have decided that a special item, the Ambrosial Apple, will be used to increase max health. It may be rarely found in Martin's shop, for an appropriately hefty price, but can also be found in stages. Eating the apple will also restore health (not sure how much yet), making it one of the few sources of outright healing in the game, aside from completing a level (medikits do exist in this game, but they only treat bleed damage).

- Speaking of which, I am wondering how to handle healing. I want it to not be feasible to hoard and carry around large sums of healing, so I'm thinking that maybe each individual healing item may not heal very much, so carrying a lot of healing will leave little room for other items. Though, that would create the issue of making it inconvenient to heal a large sum (having to open the menu, assign a healing item to a slot, use the item, open the menu again, et cetera). Another option is to have the healing from such items in some way limited. For example, if the healing items are food, then it's quite feasible for the rat to simply become full after a while (this could also help prevent spamming the thermos at a water source to quickly cool/warm oneself).

- Below is the image of the latest shopkeeper. He is intended to sell pretty much anything, from the commonplace to the rare. I have one more shopkeeper in planning, from here.

Attachments

• Eagle.gif
    Eagle.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 198
This looks incredibly interesting. It's awesome to see how SRB2 has become a platform for people to express their ideas. I can't wait to play it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back