Fixed [2.1.18] Addfile has trouble loading a file

Status
Not open for further replies.

amperbee

thunderdome denizen
I wasn't sure what to write on the title.
I have SRB2 set to use a different folder as the home (-home files), so every WAD I have is located in "[SRB2 folder]/files/srb2".

The problem resides in that addfile works in a weird way when this command line argument is used.

z8Ywqgq.png

When addfile is being used at the titlescreen, the files load correctly as expected.

ot2QftO.png

But when addfile is being used in-game, it doesn't load the WAD unless it is located in the home folder.

8mlpLHv.png

Also, when addfile is used for a file that actually doesn't exist, the error message is different. This error is the same in-game and in the title screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I vaguely remember encountering something similar with files in the DOWNLOAD subfolder recently-ish, even without changing the home directory. IIRC sometimes I had to explicitly use "DOWNLOAD/filename.wad" and sometimes I was able to just use "filename.wad" even if it existed only in that folder. Haven't looked into that much since but it could be the same issue.

I had the same issue before in SRB2 before it was even reported, and I never really mentioned this issue cause it isn't like anything too major.

Are you in a netgame when you're adding it in-game? If so, you need to specify the subdirectory like Monster Iestyn said. SRB2 will not look inside subdirectories unless specified during netgames.

I believe the issue actually only applied to netgames in the first place. Adding files from subfolders in single player always worked fine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back